Lulu the messy eater

donna goode

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've always had cats.  Lulu is my latest one.  She is really pretty, but the messiest eater I have ever owned.  I took her off of kibble because she was overweight by five pounds.  She now scoops out her wet food with her paws and wipes on every surface she can.  Her favorite way is to eat her food off my carpet.  I have to clean up after her constantly.  I bought a large plastic mat, changed her bowl so her whiskers wouldn't touch the sides.  Nothing has worked. 

The cuteness factor is wearing off.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh gosh; that sounds fun to clean up after.
  Have you tried a plate?  Maybe spreading the food out on one?  I'm not sure why she would like to spread her food out like that.  

blackcat416

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have two messy eaters out of six. I use 8" flat plates over a 2' x 4' carpeted throw rug that is double face taped to the floor. That's for the cats that like to bury their food after eating. Good luck.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
My Persian manages to push a lot of the kibble out of the dish when she eats, I guess it's the short face. I've tried plates, a shallow bowl, a deep bowl, when she is done there is kibble all over the kitchen floor. The other cats (with longer muzzles) don't make half the mess this one does. I used to have a mat under the dish, so then there would be kibble on the mat AND on the floor. Now I just sweep up whenever I go in the kitchen but I sure wish she would not waste so much food. Oh well, what we cat lovers don't put up with!