Lucy Update

ashyfulz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We've had Lucy in our house for a little over a year now and have made a lot of progress with her. If you're in the kitchen cooking, she'll come up within a couple feet of you and sit and watch you. She has a flea allergy so a couple months ago we closed off the kitchen since she was under a chair s she couldn't run back into the basement so we could get some flea meds on her. She ended up moving under my mom's bed and we got the meds on her and I lied on the floor and PET her for over and hour!!! She let me rub her ears, chin, neck, play with her feet and tail, play with her mouth. She finally backed a couple inches away and I let her be after that but she let me pet her all that time without even a growl or flinch. I've pet her a couple other times since then (close off the kitchen and find her behind a chair and slowly approach and pet for a little bit until she moves away) If she's in the kitchen I can crouch and pet another cat then slowly work my way closer to her and hold my hand out and she'll come up and sniff my hand and lift her paw to play but then backs away because she isn't quite sure of us.

She comes out into the living room at night when we're out here and as long as we don't move towards her she goes about whatever she was doing. She loves hanging out with the other cats on the counter and yesterday was the first time I've gotten her to play with a human before (of course it was only because I was using a laser pointer from the other room but she knew I was controlling it so I count it)

I'm just glad she's come this far in such a short time and can't wait until we can pet her more. She's so soft!!! (she's the one in my icon)