Lucca ate leaves from a bouquet of lilies 😥

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
You guys; my kitten ate leaves from a bouquet of flowers my husband bought. My husband called me in the bathroom to show me Lucca vomited. It had leaves and they were from the flowers. I’m beside myself! Lucca will spend 2-3 days at the veterinarian hospital 😢😓😥💔
I’m just sick thinking about possible consequences which could include renal failure. Has anyone ever had your cat ingest lilies? This is so very expensive of a mistake on our part and we’re worried sick!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We see it often at work especially around Easter and the holidays. They can't even be in the house because ingesting the pollen in the air is enough to be harmful. But he didn't know, don't be too hard on him. Now he knows.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Who knows? Lucca? None of us knew. I’m certainly not blaming my husband nor did my post reflect that. I’m just wondering what I’m up against...not feeling blamed!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear your kitten ate the leaves from a bouquet of Easter lilies. Fortunately Lucca is at your vet and will get the best care.
TCS has an Article on this subject that I thought might have some helpful information for you:
Cats & Lilies: Avoid The Danger Lurking In Your Home

Sending healing vibes and special thoughts to you and your family. :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear your kitten ate the leaves from a bouquet of Easter lilies. Fortunately Lucca is at your vet and will get the best care.
TCS has an Article on this subject that I thought might have some helpful information for you:
Cats & Lilies: Avoid The Danger Lurking In Your Home

Sending healing vibes and special thoughts to you and your family. :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:
Thanks for the information and link, the information about lilies was eye opening! I knew plants like pointsetia are bad but never about lilies. The hospital stay and treatment is going to end up costing us about $2100😞. I’m definitely going to look up safe and toxic plants so it won’t happen again. Thank God Jemima didn’t go near the bouquet...

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry! I grew all kinds of plants as a living and I often got calls about pets AND children eating plants and scaring their parents. All survived! With so many plants in the world, no one can know about all toxins. At home I finally stopped having any plant in the house because of my experiences with those frantic calls. Not easy for someone who grew exotic plants for a living but, like you, I love my kitties.

Your husband did great to notice it quickly! She threw the leaves up so it sounds like she got them out of her system quickly. The thing is, you got her to the vet and they know what to do as they watch her. This kind of stuff happens and they are very familiar with it so treatment will be at hand if it’s needed. Let’s look at this on the positive side! She threw them up and you noticed quickly. Rapid reaction may be all that was needed. Sending healing vibes to you all! Our hearts are with you! Hoping she is home quickly. Please let us know.