Low energy kitten

Allyskits

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m currently fostering some kittens. Four little ginger boys that I estimate to be around 6-7 weeks old. And they all seem happy and healthy with plenty of energy except for one. He seems happy and content but he plays a lot less than the other kittens, and is always sleeping on the sidelines, he’s got a good appetite and everything else seems fine. Just seems like he has the energy of a 10 year old cat rather than a kitten.
I’ve only had them for about a week, and will be taking them to the vet after I’ve quarantined them for 2 weeks, so they can get their shots and dewormers, so I will ask the vet about it too. But I was just wondering if I should be more worried? I’ve fostered a couple of litters now and never had one this chill.
CB466B29-6DEA-4C91-A4F9-6EC66426B88E.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He sounds healthy and looks adorable. Not all kittens are energizer bunnies. They have different personalities, just as human children do.

He sounds like he’s just shy and sweet and prefers the sidelines more of the time. I’ve had kittens like that and they were just fine. Their laid back personalities continued into adulthood.

Orange cats tend to be very sweet and congenial in general. Enjoy this precious little guy and let him be who he is without worrying too much.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes. That said, DO mention this to the vet. Its not impossible he has for example, some minor heart fault, causing him to be more calm than average.
So, no big alarm so far, but let the vet check him out a little extra when you are there.