low cost speutering

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wasn't sure where to put this.
So I know someone who has a farm, with a barn, and of course a barn cat. Well, the cat had kittens
and they've almost homed them all, and now the cat's pregnant again and they're "not sure" what they'll do with these kittens. So I politely suggested the Humane Society, and spaying the cat to prevent future problems. Cost was an issue. So I'm wondering how to find out if there's any low cost options available in my area, 'cos I've never come across any. We just got our cat neutered at the vet and paid the standard rate. I remember calling a few vets at the time, and they seemed to have similar rates.
Any (polite) suggestions? I'd really like to help these cats!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would call the local humane society or shelter in your area , they are likely to know of low cost options

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I was thinking that would be a logical place to start. I'll have to suck it up and do it, it's just that I really dislike my local humane society!
Then I just thought of the place I adopted Wiggies from. They may be able to rescue the kits!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I wasn't sure where to put this.
So I know someone who has a farm, with a barn, and of course a barn cat. Well, the cat had kittens
and they've almost homed them all, and now the cat's pregnant again and they're "not sure" what they'll do with these kittens. So I politely suggested the Humane Society, and spaying the cat to prevent future problems. Cost was an issue. So I'm wondering how to find out if there's any low cost options available in my area, 'cos I've never come across any. We just got our cat neutered at the vet and paid the standard rate. I remember calling a few vets at the time, and they seemed to have similar rates.
Any (polite) suggestions? I'd really like to help these cats!
Yup...first contact TNR groups in Canada to see who they recommend:

http://www.alleycat.org/orgs.html#c

and you can also contact Spay Canada:

http://www.bondspayneuter.com/spaycanada.html

CANADA
Animal Crusaders of Ontario
Toronto, Ontario
Phone: (416) 438-4636
Email: [email protected]
Referral to low cost vets

Richmond Homeless Cat Society
P.O. Box 43043
Richmond Centre P.O.
Richmond, BC
Canada V6Y 3Y3
Phone: (604) 275-2036 or (604) 271-7729
Email: [email protected]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for those links. I knew there had to be an organization with lists like that. When I phoned around vets and asked, they were all very unhelpful.