Loving Larry

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to share.

Sometimes I'm filled with such an overwhelming love for Larry that I can't believe I lived so long without him.

I came home today, after a visit to the eye doctor, having listened to all sorts of technical things (nothing wrong, all's cool), and the apartment was "early evening" dark....you know that darkness that comes in the fall when the sun has just set and no lights have come on. I walked in, and I said, as usual, "Larry! Where's my puss?" and I looked over, and he was on the couch, curled up, looking up at me with eager eyes.

I just walked over, sat on the couch and started petting him and he turned around so he was facing me and started purring so loud and butting his head to meet my hand for scritches, and, when I leaned down, butting his head up to me for kisses. He was like this huge black and white marshmallow.

I couldn't help crying. I feel so lucky that this beautiful creature came into my life. His love is unconditional. He looks at me with eyes full of.....I don't know what. I couldn't stop petting him and talking to him and scratching his chin and his face.

I had to express this, and I figured what better place than this little home where all the members will know exactly how I feel!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, that's really sweet!!
I get that way with Genever sometimes too, a lot of times really, she's just such a lovebug. She loves to be with me and BF. Always. It's really special. I'm so happy to hear that you and Larry's bond is that special!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww......................

I know that look. It melts the heart and turns any mood into a wonderful one.

Give that special and gorgeous guy some scritches from me!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that look and feeling as well.

So sweet to hear you and Larry have such an amazing bond

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so sweet. Larry sounds like a treasure.

You are right about this being the place to post about Larry. I have a "Larry" - his name is Bijou and he loves to be kissed and loved on. He was my saving grace when my husband and I separated in March. I feel your joy when you speak of Larry.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, know that feeling very well! Whenever the day is tough, and things are out of wack, I think, well, tonight I can snuggle down with my kitties. A great way to end the day.

Head buts to Larry.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh how incredibly sweet!
What a darling Larry is... There really is nothing better in this world than unconditional kitty love.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See, I knew people here would understand how I felt!