Loving Cat Remembers Deceased Owner

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I saw this all I could think is that I need to outlive my cat because I don't want her to be sad like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~:hellocomputer:~ Howdy LisaT.
Yes ... And some people wonder why/how we can get so attached to out pets. Our little friends in the animal kingdom :catrub:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've tried several times, but I can't make it through the whole video. Too sad.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having been able to view the whole thing, I read through the comments below it. A few posters seem to think it isn't genuine; they claim the video is of a turtle. I looked again and I must admit, I don't see a human form on the screen (the video was not good enough to see what was there).

Perhaps I was taken in, but the power of suggestion is very strong!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Having been able to view the whole thing, I read through the comments below it. A few posters seem to think it isn't genuine; they claim the video is of a turtle.
I've heard the same thing. Someone posted this a short time ago with the results about the cat looking at a turtle, not the owner. Now I will try to do a search and find it. :think:

Last edited:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are several copies of this video on YouTube just now. In the comment section below of one of the videos, there is a link to a better copy of the video, in which you can see the turtle and a cat. There's also a link to the turtle-and-cat video so you can verify it yourself.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard about this too. If it were Lily, she would act like that cat for anything with four feet. She is mesmerized by any animal on TV, from elephants to mice.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Faketty fake fake fake.

The owner of the actual cat is very alive and also very annoyed by the whole thing.

Here's the original non-manipulated video of her cat watching another cat with a turtle.

The only thing to cry about is that people can be tricky tricksters.

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I posted the same video in another thread not long ago. I thought it was real from what I saw. It impressed me also, until I learned the rest of the story.
Anyway, from my experience it's unusual for cats to pay a lot of attention to screens to begin with. Some do at first but then get wise to it and get bored. I did have some fun with a youtube video of birds flitting around a pile of food. It said it was for cat entertainment. I pulled it up on my I pad, made it full screen size and showed it to my cats. I could not get some of them to even look at it. But then a couple of them heard it first and came looking and got pretty immersed in it. They would follow the birds when they took of and tried to grab them when they exited the screen. It went for a little while and then they got bored. So I tried on my feral cat and kittens. WOW. I put the I pad in a low window and in just moments all three were sitting watching. They kept trying to get in the window. After almost an hour I took it away and they were reacted like little kids when the TV gets turned off. It was pretty funny. I should make a video of the cats watching the video of the birds.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyway, from my experience it's unusual for cats to pay a lot of attention to screens to begin with.

yet even as I type this reply, arnold's head is only inches from this screen, watching intently....tail flicking.

He loves his "videos for cats"...we watch them when its too cold to go outside.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he just attacked the screen....wish he would get his monster body out of the way!