DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

harrys mom 02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did not care for the way Michelle dressed. To have the amount of money and designers at her disposal..she could have done a little better. She shares wide hips with me...It's a challenge to "'slim" them down. She didn't try. Didn't care for her  gown.It looked like a chenille bedspread with balls all over it.  All a matter of individual taste. Melania looked elegant (and worn out towards the end of the festivities yesterday. I would have been exhausted!)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I liked both the outfit she wore during the day and her evening gown.  Both were very striking and elegant.  She was a model and even at 46 she still has that model look so she can make anything look good.  That is why they are models they can make anything look good.  

Last edited:

harrys mom 02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen her evening gown as yet.I wish when I was 46,I had looked a tenth as good as she does! She carries herself well. A true lady. She and President Trump look great together.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not care for the way Michelle dressed. To have the amount of money and designers at her disposal..she could have done a little better. She shares wide hips with me...It's a challenge to "'slim" them down. She didn't try. Didn't care for her  gown.It looked like a chenille bedspread with balls all over it.  All a matter of individual taste. Melania looked elegant (and worn out towards the end of the festivities yesterday. I would have been exhausted!)
Not all women feel the need to minimize their hips. She can dress her body however she wants. Critiquing her body is not the point.

harrys mom 02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I could care less about any woman's body. My train does not run in that direction. If you are offended,sorry about that. As for trolling..no mam. I am not a troll. We were discussing fashion. Nothing more..nothing less.If I posted a picture of my cat in a dress,would that make amends?

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I could care less about any woman's body. My train does not run in that direction. If you are offended,sorry about that. As for trolling..no mam. I am not a troll. We were discussing fashion. Nothing more..nothing less.If I posted a picture of my cat in a dress,would that make amends?
I'm not offended, but you are commenting specifically on how Michelle dresses her hips.  Her body, her choice.

harrys mom 02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What kind of world is it,when a woman cannot make a comment about the way another woman dresses. Michelle is  gone.How she dresses will no longer be on the front page.     How I dress ,I'm sure is not always the best. I however do not have the budget that she has at her disposal. Anyone who wishes to comment on my clothing/hips..it's fine with me. After you live 70 years,,,,it's difficult to get too upset about comments about that.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I didn't quote you directly and I made reference to posts that we had to delete. Since my comment seems to be misunderstood, I will delete it.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I think she has a unique style - very architectural.  I usually quite enjoy what she's wearing.  I appreciate the fashion risks that Michelle takes too - her wardrobe is truly incredible.  They're both beautiful.
Well put.

I'm no Republican and I'll leave it at that.  However, I do think Melania has good fashion sense.  That blue dress was both unique and classic looking at the same time, loved the tone of blue it was in also.  It felt a bit retro to me; mid 60's, kind of Jackie O(ish).  Didn't like the white gown she wore for the ball quite as much but still lovely.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What kind of world is it,when a woman cannot make a comment about the way another woman dresses. Michelle is  gone.How she dresses will no longer be on the front page.     How I dress ,I'm sure is not always the best. I however do not have the budget that she has at her disposal. Anyone who wishes to comment on my clothing/hips..it's fine with me. After you live 70 years,,,,it's difficult to get too upset about comments about that.
I bolded the above where you are commenting on her body, not how she dresses it.  She's not required to do anything with her hips.  

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Melania is a beautiful woman. Her outfit was beautiful and classic. The blue was lovely. I am however from the old school and would wear this color in springtime. When I saw the shoes she wore, it made me feel sorry for her feet. :lol3:

The ball dresses were beautiful too. So classic.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well put.

I'm no Republican and I'll leave it at that.  However, I do think Melania has good fashion sense.  That blue dress was both unique and classic looking at the same time, loved the tone of blue it was in also.  It felt a bit retro to me; mid 60's, kind of Jackie O(ish).  Didn't like the white gown she wore for the ball quite as much but still lovely.
She does remind me of Jackie O.  I think it is the fashion thing because they don't look anything alike.  A very few women can carry off that high fashion look and way of carrying themselves, I gave up being envious of that a long time ago.  

lazer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think Melania is gorgeous, but really wasn't a fan of that inauguration outfit tbh. It seemed a bit shapelessly-drapey to me, with really weird sleeves. I thought Michelle's outfit was really elegant and nice (that red coat!). Different strokes for different folks, I guess! I look forward to seeing her future fashion choices, usually I really like Melania's style.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make no mistake, I am not a Trump fan.  However, Melania's blue Ralph Lauren outfit was outstanding and she looked spectacular.  I wasn't a fan of her ball gown though.  I think she could have done much better. 

When you compare Michelle Obama to Melania Trump you have to understand that Melania is where she is because of the way she looks.  Not for a minute do I believe that she's as educated as the right claims.  She had to retract her claim that she had a college degree because, well, she doesn't.

Trump married her because she's beautiful.  And she is beautiful; there's no denying that.  And though she's not an academic, I would imagine that she's somewhat intelligent.    But Michelle Obama is so much more than just a pretty face.  She graduated from Princeton and went on to earn a law degree from Harvard. Although I find Michelle lovely and I'm sure Barack does too, it's her fierce mind and grace that make her so appealing to millions. 

Perhaps others don't feel the same, but I thought we'd come further as a country than to judge the worth of the First Lady simply by appearance.  Like I said earlier, Melania Trump is where she is because she's beautiful.  Michelle Obama is where she is because she's brilliant.

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Make no mistake, I a not a Trump fan.  However, Melania's blue Ralph Lauren outfit was outstanding and she looked spectacular.  I wasn't a fan of her ball gown though.  I think she could have done much better. 

When you compare Michelle Obama to Melania Trump you have to understand that Melania is where she is because of the way she looks.  Not for a minute do I believe that she's as educated as the right claims.  She had to retract her claim that she had a college degree because, well, she doesn't.

Trump married her because she's beautiful.  And she is beautiful; there's no denying that.  And though she's not an academic, I would imagine that she's somewhat intelligent.    But Michelle Obama is so much more that just a pretty face.  She graduated from Princeton and went on to earn a law degree from Harvard. Although I find Michelle lovely and I'm sure Barack does too, it's her fierce mind and grace that make her so appealing to millions. 

Perhaps others don't feel the same, but I thought we'd come further as a country than to judge the worth of the First Lady simply by appearance.  Like I said earlier, Melania Trump is where she is because she's beautiful.  Michelle Obama is where she is because she's brilliant.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make no mistake, I a not a Trump fan.  However, Melania's blue Ralph Lauren outfit was outstanding and she looked spectacular.  I wasn't a fan of her ball gown though.  I think she could have done much better. 

Trump married her because she's beautiful.  And she is beautiful; there's no denying that.  And though she's not an academic, I would imagine that she's somewhat intelligent.    But Michelle Obama is so much more that just a pretty face.  She graduated from Princeton and went on to earn a law degree from Harvard. Although I find Michelle lovely and I'm sure Barack does too, it's her fierce mind and grace that make her so appealing to millions. 

Yes to all of the above, AND we can comment on clothing chosen for public events without calling into question their worth or body!

bella lago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Trump would have never married anyone as well educated as Michelle Obama.  He is too much of a megalomaniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.