Love bites

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It hasn't got into a problem yet, but.... here is the story.

2 days ago, when I was taking a nap in the sofa, Cheetah came to me and slept on my chest. Then he put his face really close to my lips and lick my chin like always. Then he gave me a love bite on my lips.
I made a light scream and covered my lips with my hand, then went ahead to make more crying noises. He looked sad and put his head around my neck.

This afternoon, I was taking a nap and Cheetah was napping on my chest again. Then I felt a bite on my boob
I pushed his head away and he continued to give me playful bits on my hands and arms for 4, 5 times.

I have been told by the shelter do not let the cats play my fingers. And if he gives you a bite, even a love bite, always scream loud, so they will learn this is a no no. We have been doing this since we got them 2 months ago. So why is Cheetah suddenly so interested in giving me love bites?

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger is a love biter, I do scream loud when she gets a bit too much. Yell Ow!!! Animals get that, that is the noise we make when hurt, and they understand.
Boobs, I have to laugh bacause she will seek them out, step on them, bite, and I am small, not much boobage there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Ginger is a love biter, I do scream loud when she gets a bit too much. Yell Ow!!! Animals get that, that is the noise we make when hurt, and they understand.
Boobs, I have to laugh bacause she will seek them out, step on them, bite, and I am small, not much boobage there!
Haha, so it is not just my cats. I guess we just have to teach them to bite gently.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope you are not alone... lol.. I train all of mine not too... this was a nessisity for one with immune issues and having semi ferals...