Louise went to sleep today

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How I missed her just now when I walked into the house after taking hr to the vet to be put to sleep.
She had developed CKD(which was being managed) but suddenly had liver problems, and ear and dental infection.
The pain was tormenting and she responded to none of the meds several vets prescribed.
Her crying last night was unbearable. I knew it was time because her behavior during the past 2 weeks signaled it.. So we had several hours of quiet time before we went .
My first cat, and although she lived with me only for a little over a year I will miss her. Louise primary.JPG

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss. Sometimes they're with us for a relatively short time but make a big impact. Thank you for caring for her and making sure she no longer is in pain. It is always sad to let them go and the absence is great. Take care of yourself during this time.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Louise can rest and relax now, no more pain and torture. And while you don't have her presence physically, she will always be with you in spirit and in your heart. It's not the same, I know. But one day you will be able to smile, and maybe even laugh a little, when you think about Loiuse. She was a very pretty kitty. :angel3::hearthrob::redheartpump::grouphug2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Louise can rest and relax now, no more pain and torture. And while you don't have her presence physically, she will always be with you in spirit and in your heart. It's not the same, I know. But one day you will be able to smile, and maybe even laugh a little, when you think about Loiuse. She was a very pretty kitty. :angel3::hearthrob::redheartpump::grouphug2:
It hurts so much..can't stop crying.

EnelradSedir70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It hurts so much..can't stop crying.
I'm so sorry to hear of your babies passing. She was beautiful. How old was she?

I am on day one of having euthanized my girl Gigi yesterday, saddle thrombosis. I am beside myself with all the emotions that come from various stages of grief and like always I find where I am second guessing decisions, berating myself for not having taken her in for her 4th f/u echo earlier.

I thought I saw her multiple times now, waiting on the table for her dinner, climbing up the pet steps to the couch. She was the only girl, and a buffer of sorts between the boys. She evened things out. I think they're missing her as much as me. I see them looking for her, or when I call her name, they know it and look around. I have lost other pets before, many, but she was my first girl kitty and loved to kneed and cuddle on my chest and in bed with me. The void she has left is huge.

Attachments

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear of your babies passing. She was beautiful. How old was she?

I am on day one of having euthanized my girl Gigi yesterday, saddle thrombosis. I am beside myself with all the emotions that come from various stages of grief and like always I find where I am second guessing decisions, berating myself for not having taken her in for her 4th f/u echo earlier.

I thought I saw her multiple times now, waiting on the table for her dinner, climbing up the pet steps to the couch. She was the only girl, and a buffer of sorts between the boys. She evened things out. I think they're missing her as much as me. I see them looking for her, or when I call her name, they know it and look around. I have lost other pets before, many, but she was my first girl kitty and loved to kneed and cuddle on my chest and in bed with me. The void she has left is huge.
A cyber hug from me to you.
Those hours after walking back into the house and not seeing her are so hard to endure! I feel your pain. And grief is so painful.
I imagined her at my feet while I was at a task and even looked down to not step on her tail or paw..
Whenever I went into the bathroom she would be waiting outside the door...no little face looking up at me this morning,though. No little guard standing at my pillow patiently waiting for me to get up this morning.
This is the first day after her passing and those routines not being there will be a challenge.
I am so sorry about your precious little one,Sedir70. Let's not forget all the times we had with them .The memories are so fresh now and are painful,but I imagine they will be sweeter with time.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Louise, dream you deep. Your purr echos in someone's heart forever.

The hardest thing we ever do is to put the well-being of our beloved pets above our own heartbreak, and allow them to leave us while there is still some dignity left. And you have done that. This is the Deepest Truth I know...that love never dies. It is translated and purified into Love, and continues on. And now, from her new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she blesses you for your love and care, and she sends her Love back to walk with you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i can feel your pain, it is so hard to feel the emptiness, to have your heart so heavy. The routines are engrained into us, it is so hard to not keep following them......
The bond of love you formed with that precious girl will be with you forever. Nothing can take that from you. Love is spiritual so eternal. The new path she now follows will always parallel your own. One day your grief will turn to gratitude for having her share your life, but it takes a long time, one day at a time. RIP precious Louise. You will never be frogotten, you willalways have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GranolaLouise GranolaLouise I am so, so sorry to read this. Rest in gentle sleep little Louise.
I have many cat friends waiting for us on the other side who will be happy to greet her, and keep her company until it's our time to meet them again. And won't it be wonderful to know that our days of separation are over forever? :hugs:

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I go about the house there are so many memories...like how she hated me to have my back towards her while I was on my desktop. She would go into the living room and loudly scratch the recliner arm until I turned around and gave her attention. She knew how to manipulate ! I am journaling these memories as they pop up and it is so comforting!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I go about the house there are so many memories...like how she hated me to have my back towards her while I was on my desktop. She would go into the living room and loudly scratch the recliner arm until I turned around and gave her attention. She knew how to manipulate ! I am journaling these memories as they pop up and it is so comforting!
I have done the exact same, and you are right...it's very comforting, and bittersweet every time a long forgotten memory pops up to write down. :hugs:

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have done the exact same, and you are right...it's very comforting, and bittersweet every time a long forgotten memory pops up to write down. :hugs:
Bittersweet is the perfect description of the journal.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a touching gift arrived today. I called Chewy to cancel an order that was on the way and they sent me a BEAUTIFUL bunch of live rainbow roses in a clear vase! It was such a touching gift from a company! One doesn;t find too much of that these days!

skiptomylou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear of Louise's passing. They leave such a gaping hole when they are gone. I'm sure she knows she was loved so much during a difficult time in her life. Hugs to you in this very sad time. :hugs: Chewy is a wonderful company that still has top notch customer service for sure!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Such a touching gift arrived today. I called Chewy to cancel an order that was on the way and they sent me a BEAUTIFUL bunch of live rainbow roses in a clear vase! It was such a touching gift from a company! One doesn;t find too much of that these days!
This is so sweet of them. I've found their customer service to be very good like that. :hugs:
I got some roses after Tag passed. After their prime but before they wilted completely, my Mom dried them for me and I put them in a tall mason jar. They sit by his urn, and sometimes I open that lid and the scent of those roses fills the room.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don;t know if I can get these photos to fit the post, but here are some photos of the memorial I have with her ashes.
I especially love the poem on the candle and the little angel holding her. The color is brighter in the room.
I have been jotting down memories in a journal thoughts of her as they pop into my mind as I go about my day..things that she used to do that bring either a tear or a smile or laugh to me.
If anyone is having a hard time these past days, weeks, months..or years, I highly suggest a memory journal. It has helped me so much!
IMG_20240124_171810.jpg
IMG_20240124_173937.jpg
IMG_20240124_172606.jpg