Louie And Newman Sick

dan32

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I always keep baby food around. My rule is if they won't eat baby food off your finger - they're in really bad shape.

Hoping your Newman keeps his kibble down (or in).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So last Newman well. He was somewhat more interactive than he has been the last few days. This morning he ate about a quarter 5.5 oz can of cat food and about a good tbsp of dry kibble. I gave him his probiotic with a pill popper just to be sure that he got the whole thing then followed that with a syringe of water. He hasn’t had a messy bum this morning so I hope things are turning around.

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So for lunch Newman and Louie ate Answers Detail and so far they are doing well. Newman visited the litter box and didn’t have a messy bum so I think hopefully we are back on track.

dan32

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So you are trusting the raw again? I am still not sure whether to resume the Primal raw again or stay on the canned for awhile. It has been more than a week on the canned and everybody is basically OK..

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am trusting raw again. I have fed Answers to Louie for about 3 days now with no issues and started Newman on it today with mostly normal poo. I think that because the Instinct Rabbit canned was the food you and I had commonly fed that that was our culprit.

dan32

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I should think all canned food would be relatively safe as a general rule. That Ritzy's Rabbit is a costly food, btw. to suspect for contamination. I have a few cases of it.

I may try out one meal of raw again and see how it goes. It was hard getting them on it in the first place.

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nature’s Variety Instinct has had past recalls for salmonella in their canned foods. I know it’s expensive food but that doesn’t mean there are not issues from time to time. I choose not to risk feeding this companies foods any longer. I really hate for my kitties to be so sick. One of this companies frozen raw foods is currently under recall.