Lost For 3 Months!

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
People give me a hard time because I won’t leave my 4 adoptees in the care of anyone, but this is why. My parents cat got out last summer we were all complete wrecks for the next 48 hours; I can’t imagine 3 months and then knowing that someone was cruel to him. Poor baby, at least he’s home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
People give me a hard time because I won’t leave my 4 adoptees in the care of anyone, but this is why. My parents cat got out last summer we were all complete wrecks for the next 48 hours; I can’t imagine 3 months and then knowing that someone was cruel to him. Poor baby, at least he’s home.
I had felt guilty for a looong time. The only thing worse than missing him was not knowing where he was and if he was even alive anymore.:bawling: I had some slight resentment for the person who was SUPPOSED to be taking care of them but it was mainly anger I had towards myself:disappointed:. I moved on, especially now that I have him home it helped me forgive them but I definitely don't count on leaving my pets with anyone else ever again lol. :lol: I learned my lesson!

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was thinking you were being awfully diplomatic about the person who let them out!

I don’t even think someone has to be careless, it’s just easy to forget. I’m worried about it all the time and yet I’d walk onto the deck from the kitchen and realize i didn’t close the door properly. That’s why there’s a rule that the door stays closed between my dining room and kitchen.

It’s pretty impressive that he survived on his own. Plus you made a really good point about having tags printed with really large numbers so it’s easy to read them from a distance.

:clapcat::clapcat::clapcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Plus you made a really good point about having tags printed with really large numbers so it’s easy to read them from a distance.

:clapcat::clapcat::clapcat:
I always did like having tags over being chipped because in this small town the vet AND the shelter are in the next town. If anyone finds a stray, most likely they are not going to make the effort to drive half an hour away just to see if the animal is chipped or not as that is the only way to be sure they are chipped in the first place. At least with a tag, it's obvious that the animal in question has a home somewhere. So it alerts people around them that this is no ordinary stray and may even urge someone to take action. That's why all my animals have them.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: :clap: :clap2::hearthrob::redheartpump: