Lost For 3 Months!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
His mother Sun came in for her evening meal but it appears that his mom doesn't recognize him! She hissed at him the moment she saw him and any time he passed by she growls. He recognized her and tries to approach her but she responds by either hissing or growling then rushes into another room. Leo looks a little bewildered as if wondering "why is she treating me like this?" How do I reintroduce them?

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a handsome fella. Hi suspect if I got lost and had to live rough and survive with predators for three months I’d be a bit traumatised too. I’d probably have nightmares too. Get him a thorough checkup to msk3 sure he’s cool medically and then it’s all about giving him a safe stable environment for as long as it takes, which might be months so be patient with him.

I’m glad you guys have been reunited. He clearly remembers you or he would be sleeping in the darkest corner under a bed hissing at you. He just needs time and love, and he’ll eventually start dreaming of happy things. Cats are amazingly resilient
He's already a LOT calmer, he's acting a little more clingy by following me around and crying when I go into another room he can't go into but I totally understand. I would be scared of getting lost again too. Most of the cats recognize him except his mother, not really sure why?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sun is probably reacting more to the various new smells on him than to his handsome face.

He's certain to smell a lot different than she "remembers", what with his 3-month sojourn ouside.

ravesroses

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello , just wanted first to say this is why i fear anyone watching my cats im just terrified they will be careless im so sorry for what happen to leo and chloe . just to put my two cents in if he is still haveing a lil trouble getting calm around you try these

my male shadow is very skittish and could never relax cause we have a big apartment and a lot of space it was causing him anxiety these collars are a god sent after a few days of wearing it he acted like a kitten again i could pick him up after a while and finally develop some trust with him, without him running from me or being just terrified of every noise.
im so glad Leo and Chloe are home safe now your very lucky to have gotten them back idk what i would do if jinx or shadow ever got out

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sun is probably reacting more to the various new smells on him than to his handsome face.

He's certain to smell a lot different than she "remembers", what with his 3-month sojourn ouside.
I'll see how they react to each other tomorrow. Hopefully they come to be friends again.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hello , just wanted first to say this is why i fear anyone watching my cats im just terrified they will be careless im so sorry for what happen to leo and chloe . just to put my two cents in if he is still haveing a lil trouble getting calm around you try these

my male shadow is very skittish and could never relax cause we have a big apartment and a lot of space it was causing him anxiety these collars are a god sent after a few days of wearing it he acted like a kitten again i could pick him up after a while and finally develop some trust with him, without him running from me or being just terrified of every noise.
im so glad Leo and Chloe are home safe now your very lucky to have gotten them back idk what i would do if jinx or shadow ever got out
He's doing great, he seems really happy now that he's in a cozy comfy bed. His first night in warm house and a full belly.:blush: Thank you for the advice though, I might get these for another cat of mine. Amira is really timid too, she's okay with me but anything from outside frightens her even though she never goes out.:lol:

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
While Leo is still not being accepted by his mom, he has earned Amira's trust. Then again she is a lot like he used to be, friendly and accepting to all. She tried to play with him but can't be too rough since she has nail caps and he doesn't. Chloe and him are back to their old ways: partners in crime! :evilgrin: Does anyone know why his mom is having such a difficult time seeing him again?

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just realized I never told anyone how the vet visit went; the vet cleaned an older cut on his foot he must have sustained during his venture, besides that and being a little underweight he was given a clean bill of health and can now enjoy the holidays with family and his cat/dog friends alike. I put a sweater on him to keep him from licking his flea medication.:blush: Anyways Merry Christmas and happy New Years!

20171216_172403.jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:loveeyes::hearthrob::redheartpump: What a gorgeous little man, how old is he? Is he still having nightmares? What did the vet have to say about them? Has mom warmed up to him yet. I am so happy he survived and made it back to you safely. Kudos to the person who called you! :clap2::clap: Have your nephews visited yet? Sorry for all the questions but I am just so tickled that your beautiful boy is home. Keep us updated & post many more photos. :bouquet:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized I never told anyone how the vet visit went; the vet cleaned an older cut on his foot he must have sustained during his venture, besides that and being a little underweight he was given a clean bill of health and can now enjoy the holidays with family and his cat/dog friends alike. I put a sweater on him to keep him from licking his flea medication.:blush: Anyways Merry Christmas and happy New Years!

View attachment 210294
:hearthrob::redheartpump::heartshape::happycat::lovecat::lovecat3::lovecat2::winkcat:

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:loveeyes::hearthrob::redheartpump: What a gorgeous little man, how old is he? Is he still having nightmares? What did the vet have to say about them? Has mom warmed up to him yet. I am so happy he survived and made it back to you safely. Kudos to the person who called you! :clap2::clap: Have your nephews visited yet? Sorry for all the questions but I am just so tickled that your beautiful boy is home. Keep us updated & post many more photos. :bouquet:
So many questions lol:lol: I'll try my best to answer all of them!:caticon: First, Leo is 31 weeks or 7 months. His nightmares have subsided since he's been home. They were only bad the first day I got him back, I have not seen him have one since. So thank goodness! :clap2: The vet said it most likely was the stress of the day; seeing us for the first time in a long time, the ride home, being reintroduced to his dog/cat friends/family. Also, since he is the only cat I own who is not a rescue. He was born in a loving and nurturing home, raised without ever being introduced to danger much less the need for "street smarts". So I can imagine it was traumatic.:( Unfortunately momma cat, Sun has not completely warmed up to him yet. Mainly because she's out most of the time but when she comes in she looks like she tries to avoid him.:sigh: Hopefully with time she'll come around. Next, no my nephews have not visited yet because the eldest came down with the stomach bug so my sister is keeping him home. I'm sure once he's up to it they'll be by. Poor boy:alright: Anyways, sorry I took so long to respond I had to keep returning to your post to make sure I didn't leave anything out lol:crackup: But thank you for your sweet comment and interest! Even though Leo can't fully be a momma's boy at the moment that definitely doesn't mean he's short of snuggling buddies. :blush: He can't get enough attention from me and is on my lap for hours a day. When I'm busy I usually find him snuggling with his sister Chloe or one of my dogs who adore him! I'm sure he's missed these moments.:happycat:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
So many questions lol:lol: I'll try my best to answer all of them!:caticon: First, Leo is 31 weeks or 7 months. His nightmares have subsided since he's been home. They were only bad the first day I got him back, I have not seen him have one since. So thank goodness! :clap2: The vet said it most likely was the stress of the day; seeing us for the first time in a long time, the ride home, being reintroduced to his dog/cat friends/family. Also, since he is the only cat I own who is not a rescue. He was born in a loving and nurturing home, raised without ever being introduced to danger much less the need for "street smarts". So I can imagine it was traumatic.:( Unfortunately momma cat, Sun has not completely warmed up to him yet. Mainly because she's out most of the time but when she comes in she looks like she tries to avoid him.:sigh: Hopefully with time she'll come around. Next, no my nephews have not visited yet because the eldest came down with the stomach bug so my sister is keeping him home. I'm sure once he's up to it they'll be by. Poor boy:alright: Anyways, sorry I took so long to respond I had to keep returning to your post to make sure I didn't leave anything out lol:crackup: But thank you for your sweet comment and interest! Even though Leo can't fully be a momma's boy at the moment that definitely doesn't mean he's short of snuggling buddies. :blush: He can't get enough attention from me and is on my lap for hours a day. When I'm busy I usually find him snuggling with his sister Chloe or one of my dogs who adore him! I'm sure he's missed these moments.:happycat:
:clap::clap2::hearthrob::redheartpump:

Kefa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is adorable. Sometimes female cats are harsher with their sons than their daughters. Sons are supposed to go out in the world and find their own territory and females. Maybe that is all it is.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I didn't realize he was only 7 months old. I thought he was older. So he was still a kitten when he disappeared?

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is adorable. Sometimes female cats are harsher with their sons than their daughters. Sons are supposed to go out in the world and find their own territory and females. Maybe that is all it is.
I have noticed the difference in her behavior when it comes to Chloe and Leo. Of course, Sun was never a hovering mother. She was only 6 months when she got pregnant so she was not too fond of motherhood. She stressed a lot, lost weight, she definitely was relieved when they got to an age where Leo could eat soft food. Of course I spayed her when he was 6 weeks so she wouldn't have to go through that again. Sun is most independent of my cats so she's loving but likes her space. Leo is just going to have to get used to granting her that space since he is almost an adult.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, I didn't realize he was only 7 months old. I thought he was older. So he was still a kitten when he disappeared?
Yes, he was still pretty young. He born on May 10th and never had a worry in the world. That's why I freaked out when I lost him because he wasn't used to being out on the streets. Even his "sister" Chloe knows how it is to be homeless. My sister and I were driving home after running a few errands together and we saw three small objects moving in the longs grass of the highway we were on. Only when one almost ran out in front of us did we realize they were kittens! We quickly pulled over and picked them up in fear that they would be ran over especially since it was in the afternoon and people were driving home. Of course at that times Leo and his siblings were only two weeks. The vet said they were barely five weeks so my sister said she'll take two and bottle feed them and since my birthday was coming up she gave me Chloe. Since Sun was still nursing kitten she was adopted into the litter. Even though she was gigantic compared to the kittens who couldn't even see yet. However I always found her playing with Leo even though he couldn't do much. When he started walking he would struggle to follow her around so I decided to keep them together.:hearthrob: Little did I know they would get lost together too.:salute:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I have noticed the difference in her behavior when it comes to Chloe and Leo. Of course, Sun was never a hovering mother. She was only 6 months when she got pregnant so she was not too fond of motherhood. She stressed a lot, lost weight, she definitely was relieved when they got to an age where Leo could eat soft food. Of course I spayed her when he was 6 weeks so she wouldn't have to go through that again. Sun is most independent of my cats so she's loving but likes her space. Leo is just going to have to get used to granting her that space since he is almost an adult.
:hellocomputer:Poor girl has been through a lot. :redheartpump:Bless you for taking such wonderful care of your fur babys:vibes::vibes::petcat: :catlove:

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well Leo and his mom are still not back to normal but at least they can now remain in the same room together. However if he over steps his boundaries she WILL remind him! Here's a snippet of him attempting to be playful with her during dinner today.