Lost Cat.

zackmycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in Chemainus, BC and am missing a siamese cat. I am 14 years old, and have read up everything on how to find my cat. First of all, he is/was... an outdoor AND inside cat. Behind my house if a foresty area, and in front of my house, is a neighbourhood area. The foresty area behind my house isn't too large, so maybe it takes roughly 10 minutes to walk it's perimiter. I noticed that he was a bit sick, and was not feeling too well. But when he started to show signs of getting healthy again my mother let him out once again. He has been missing for 4 days and each day I go out in daytime and at night to look for him for about 3 hours each day. I look EVERYWHERE. In bushes, in sheds, up trees, everywhere imaginable. I know that usually he would not call back if he was sick or injured. I have checked in all the little holes that he may have gotten into, under decks and even brough my miniature pinscher to try and find him, which he is very good at. But with no prevail! So what I am worried about is that he has gone out to die, or, that it is more predatory. There are no cougars or bears in this area because the foresty part is surrounded by houses. I have had him for 7 years, and me and him have many memories together.      And by the way, he is not the adventerous or bold kind of cat, and is always inside at a certain time each day. What may have happened:

Frightened, so he hid up in tree/hole.

Owl/hawk/eagle or raccoon could have gotten him, which I highly doubt.

Went out to die, which I believe happened.

Got lost, which I highly doubt.

Thankyou for yourtime! This is almost exactly what he looks like: http://catsndogsnaturally.com/...

poppyfleur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, Sorry to hear your cat is missing. Have you asked the neighbors? Somebody could have taken him into their home since Siamese are rarely strays or feral and they are such pretty cats. Also, call all the animal shelters asap, perhaps someone has dropped him off there. Why do you feel he may have gone off to die? Seven years old is not that old for a cat. Many cats, especially Siamese, can live into their twenties... like my cats. Is he ill?

Hopefully, he'll come home. When he does, perhaps you can get him a collar with his address and phone # on a tag. A collar is much safer than a chip (those chips can cause a bump to grow), and a person can call you right away if they see a collar.

Good luck.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry about your kitty.

In addition to asking the neighbors, you might want to print up a few flyers and distribute them around the neighborhood, maybe post one in your local grocery store, and the like. Definitely call the animal shelters in your area, too.

I hope he comes home soon.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
The sticky at the top of the SOS forum Tips for finding a lost cat has links to articles that might help you. There may be some things in there that you haven't tried yet.

:cross: that your kitty comes home safely.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sorry, hun, about your cat missing. Please do check out the link that Goldy posted above. I am sorry to hear he was not feeling or just recovering from not feeling well when he went missing. Might be that he is hiding out until he feels better :dk: I do hope he returns to you very, very soon. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

zackmycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thankyou. I found him! ~phew~ On the sixth day, under a wood pile.