Losing Our Pup

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i last posted when we lost Baby back in May, I still miss him and look for him on his pillow and in the window. Now Keska, our Puppy, the joke is she is a Dumbradore, lab mix but not very smart, but pretty, has a failing liver. She doesn’t eat much, and makes my wife cry, I am trying to be strong but I cry too. The vet didn’t have good news and I had to promise no suffering, but I had to tell someone, and you guys helped me with losing Baby, so, I thought I would whine and cry here.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart cries for you and your suffering. All that can be done is to love that sweet girl all you can in the time you have left, and when the suffering becomes unbearable I pray you find the strength in your love to set her free.
There comes a time when living becomes existing. You will know when that is, she will tell you with her eyes.
Use the bond of love you have with her for comfort, talk to her about what a joy it has been to have her in your life, and that the love you have for each other will never die. "death cannot take that which never dies", and your love is immortal.
It is hard to watch the decline of someone we love. But somehow you will find the strength. Because love will make you strong.
I will pray she goes quietly in her sleep. But that rarely happens and sometimes it is up to us to end the pain. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, we are all here when you need someone to talk to. A burden shared is a burden easier to bear. We can't take the pain away, but we can listen and understand what you are feeling because we have walked in your shoes.
Take care my friend, she needs you now, she needs to feel your love. I know you will give it, even as the tears fall and the pain of loss begins. Because you love her, and always will......

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that you all are going through this, I will send prayers and love and hope that things work out the best that they can. It is devastating I know, so sorry this is happening.

God Bless.....

:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so VERY sorry to hear this. I shall light a candle right now for you all...with hopes for a miracle, and failing that, a peaceful passage on this New Journey, and much comfort to those left behind. My heart with yours.

00LitCandle.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Keska won’t eat now and the vet comes tomorrow. I’m so Sad I think I’ll cry...no sleep tonight...she Is sleeping at my feet now. She is such a precious girl.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keska won’t eat now and the vet comes tomorrow. I’m so Sad I think I’ll cry...no sleep tonight...she Is sleeping at my feet now. She is such a precious girl.
Unfair doesn't even begin to cover it.
It sucks so much when we lose them at 12-20 years, but to lose one that's barely seen adulthood if at all is unbearable. No little creature deserves that, nor do their loving owners.
I am just so sorry.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this helps just a little. It's helped us through a lot of loss, dog OR cat.
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, brother. :hangin:

"JUST A DOG"
"From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or "that's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog." Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure and unbridled joy.

"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that makes me a better person.

Because of "just a dog," I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog," but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a woman." So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog," just smile--because they "just don't understand."

-Richard A. Biby"

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Karen says “thanks” for the just a dog story. Keska is gone now. Lots of crying. She hasn’t even been gone for an hour and I already miss her

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Karen says “thanks” for the just a dog story. Keska is gone now. Lots of crying. She hasn’t even been gone for an hour and I already miss her
:alright:
It's a terrible feeling, but it does get better with time...Most Labs and their mixes are big time food lovers, and for one to just not want to eat hardly at all, if at all, shows us they don't feel well.
Rest easy little Keska.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Keska, dream you deep. You run free in someone's soul forever. Fare you very well indeed, good and faithful companion.

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1bruce1’s avatar-We called that “crazy kitty eyes”. I think you have seen it too and know what I’m talking about.

Then I went outside and the sun was still shining that was unfair if my day was gray so should everyone else’s be gray. God I miss her, bye Keska, cry.