Lord Wilson (begal?) & Lady Harriet.

belle8bete

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi....so both of my kitties were rescued.  Some people say LW looks like he is part bengal (and he is strangely long in the torso by the way).  I'll put in a kitten photo and a more recent one, and then a photo of little Lady Harriet.  Any feedback on their possible roots is most welcome!

Let me know if other angles would be helpful.  

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is very pretty but most likely just a domestic. Bengals were bred with domestics and I assume they would pick domestics with his markings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

belle8bete

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes,he has a marbled look on his back.  

belle8bete

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Lord Wilson & Lady Harriet had dinner together tonight...so I thought this would be a good chance to show you the backs! 

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LW is a  Brown Classic Tabby ,  and probably is all  domestic.     He does have a nice pattern.   I love that photo of him sprawled on the box by the window  with the sun on him,  making such great contrast in the coat. 

Classic Tabby is recessive to mackerel tabby ( striped)  and is less common  especially in some areas,  so sometimes when people see it they think it must be a mix of some pedigree breed -- and lately because of marble Bengals,  people tend to see a classic tabby moggy and think it's a Bengal or Bengal mix.    The marble pattern in Bengals is from the same major gene ,  but they have selectively bred for a horizontal flow to the pattern,  and making it 3 distinct colors similar to the 3 colors in the "rosettes" of the spotted ones. 

There's no way to say for sure he does not have any Bengal in him.  but it may be more like Franksmom suggests,   that LW is like some of the domestic ancestors of those marble Bengals. 

Lady H is a pretty tortie...  it is pretty how her colors kind of all blend together.   

Thanks for sharing photos and thanks for rescuing this noble pair!  

belle8bete

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So LW is, at the very least, a very special tabby.  

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Definitely.   He has the most recessive of tabby patterns.     It is a pattern that probably came from Britain.  and seems to be more common there than elsewhere.    

Of course ALL tabbies are special.   all cats are special. 

It's not impossible he could have some Bengal in him,  they are very popular now.   but of course tabbies without any pedigreed ancestry are far more common! 

For another dramatic version of the classic tabby pattern,  look up some photos of Black Silver Tabby American Shorthairs  ( which is the pedigreed version of the "Domestic Shorthair" cats from the U.S.     

Whoever his  relatives are, he is a very handsome cat in his own right.