looks like a korat, russian blue..etc

myriah019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my Lucy girl, i took her from someone who had six kittens (she was the smallest, and the only solid grey one). The other kittens were black and two were brown and black striped.I have raised her as an indoor cat since then. When I got her she was very small, and I expected her to grow. She is still extremely tiny, yet she is a year and a half old. She shows no signs of sickness or any indication that she may be unhealthy. The vet has reassured me countless times she may just be a tiny cat, but could not tell me what she thinks her breed is. She also has six toes on her front paws. Extremely intelligent cat, she plays fetch (i did not have to teach her)  and loooves to cuddle. I want to know more about what she might be!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Now, what she is for breed, you surely know: you know her siblings and her mom, and thus, you know she aint no purebred who happened to get astray... and got luckily found.

So the breed is easy, its domestic. Color is blue (ie gray in the fanciers language), hair lengh Im not sure if it is medium or longhish shorthair.  How is her tail?  If it is bushy count her as medium haired.

And yeah, her overall body shape is of a russian blue look alike, even quite decent in the type.  The british variation  - these straigh ears are typical!

RB and Korats shall have green eyes.  But I know many pics dont show green eyes properly...

This with polydactyl paws is no typical trait for either RB nor Korats, but I suppose it is a not so unique individual mutation.

So, somewhat RB look alike in the body shape yes.

But what name, what label?  The Maltese cat is the best label to put on.  Its the label on all blue cat where we cant clearly identyfy their breed.  Aye, in truth, once upon a time also the early Russian Blue could be called for Maltese cats.

ps.  Blue is really a diluted black, so all these kittens do carry the black gene.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myriah019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your insight! Her tail isn't extremely bushy, but I don't think I would consider her to have short hair, so I would have to say she is medium.