Looking For Tips And Tricks For Studio Apartment Living With My Newly Adopted Cat :3

Salinaaa6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in a studio apartment so any tips on getting her excercise, decorating tips, training tips basically I would love any and all advice! I want her to stay happy and healthy!
Screenshot_20171212-074609.png

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we got Jasmine my husband and I were occupying the spare bedroom; the rest of the house was basically occupied by the house guests who had gotten Floppy killed (long story, and this isn't the place for it), so for the first few months Jasmine was a bedroom kitty.

Despite space problems, make sure your litter box is big enough for a 2 to 3 inch depth of litter. Keep the litter box as far from the food and water as possible. You already know that you should clean it frequently.

A cat doesn't really need a lot of space in order to get enough exercise; they're perfectly capable of bouncing off the walls. You'll want a good laser pointer; that's the easiest toy for interactive play and in a small apartment just about everything is line-of-sight.

I would suggest cat shelves, but in an apartment it's likely that you can't install them; however, give your cat as much vertical space as possible.

Regarding cat furniture, you definitely need a scratching post, and a cat tree would be nice if you have enough room for it. One of those enclosed litter boxes disguised as a cabinet might be good. Make sure that you have plenty of little nooks and crannies where a cat can hide and pounce on "unsuspecting" humans walking by.

And that's about all I have.

Congratulations on your new family member; she's gorgeous!

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Salinaaa6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When we got Jasmine my husband and I were occupying the spare bedroom; the rest of the house was basically occupied by the house guests who had gotten Floppy killed (long story, and this isn't the place for it), so for the first few months Jasmine was a bedroom kitty.

Despite space problems, make sure your litter box is big enough for a 2 to 3 inch depth of litter. Keep the litter box as far from the food and water as possible. You already know that you should clean it frequently.

A cat doesn't really need a lot of space in order to get enough exercise; they're perfectly capable of bouncing off the walls. You'll want a good laser pointer; that's the easiest toy for interactive play and in a small apartment just about everything is line-of-sight.

I would suggest cat shelves, but in an apartment it's likely that you can't install them; however, give your cat as much vertical space as possible.

Regarding cat furniture, you definitely need a scratching post, and a cat tree would be nice if you have enough room for it. One of those enclosed litter boxes disguised as a cabinet might be good. Make sure that you have plenty of little nooks and crannies where a cat can hide and pounce on "unsuspecting" humans walking by.

And that's about all I have.

Congratulations on your new family member; she's gorgeous!

Margret
Thank you!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Salinaaa6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you guys recommend any other websites with lots of cat care information?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Regarding the cat tunnel, feline preferences there are extremely variable. I got Jasmine one and she was terrified of it for some reason. I put treats inside to try to coax her in, and she gave me the most pitiful look, as if to say "Why are you putting treats out in a place I can't get to?" Favorite mousie, another pitiful look. Catnip, another pitiful look. I finally gave up, shook the catnip out of it, and returned it to PetSmart. What she would love to have, though, is one of those collapsible clothes hampers you can find in the grocery store sometimes; I know because she played in one when we were visiting friends in 2012. :dunno: Go figure.

Margret