Looking for support/ adopted semi-feral cat

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You HAVE made progress, read your first posts. Don't give up! I am just starting to get a quick pet in on an outdoor cat that was born here and two years old. Sometimes it takes a long time. things will happen, like jumping on the bed, and sometimes rather quickly. Maybe if one cat is up there the other won't go. They all have their quirks, but I know for certain they love you tremendously.......

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
It definitely can take much longer for some cats but the odd thing about cats, as opposed to dogs who will usually become demonstrative even if they are very fearful, is that in their minds they might have deep affection for you. My Graycie is to the point where she demands to be brushed every day, but will still step back or circle around away from me if I walk up to her. Cats can vacillate between fearful and trusting very quickly.

You have come an incredibly long way with these two and I know that they consider your home to be their home, too.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could take a long time and it is very frustrating... Most intros will go faster. I think it will get better, I hope so! Someone told me one of their cats would not let them pet her until after 4 years I think. They all have different personalities and issues.I agree they do love you none the less. Sybil was never a cuddly cat but she was very loving and affectionate. My guys all have their different quirks. I get what you want about wanting that cuddly, affection. With my cats now it is all on their terms. But Zena and Merlin are always love bugs, Quinn is my guardian though, but affection is always on his terms. He loves me every second still. The other two who I brough inside still run away from me after a year for one and 5 months for the other! lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

H&Alina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You HAVE made progress, read your first posts. Don't give up! I am just starting to get a quick pet in on an outdoor cat that was born here and two years old. Sometimes it takes a long time. things will happen, like jumping on the bed, and sometimes rather quickly. Maybe if one cat is up there the other won't go. They all have their quirks, but I know for certain they love you tremendously.......
Thank you so much ! I appreciate your encouragement 😊