Looking For Best Antimicrobial Cleaner For Foster Home

vervainandrue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
(Hi, I am never sure if I'm posting in the right spot...seems like there should be a "cats in the home" thread or such.)

I am a cat foster, and I get a lot of sick cats...URI, coccidiosis, conjuncitivis, and even had a feline pan-leuk outbreak last year. In order to keep other fosters, and resident cats, healthy, I have been using vinegar and water as a daily cleanser, but to truly disinfect, I've been using 1:20 diluted bleach. I'm not crazy about this for many reasons, including the bleach stains on my carpet. Can anyone suggest the best antimicrobial (bacteriocide and viruside) spray cleansers out there? I know all about vinegar, baking soda and essential oils, but these aren't going to kill the organisms I come in contact with each week. Brand names would be really helpful. There is so much conflicting info out there. Thanks!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not too long ago, I brought a little abandoned feral kitten inside...and got worried at one point that I may have brought coccidian or giardia in with him (false alarm - he was healthy). Nevertheless, I found myself looking up what veterinarians use to clean/disinfect clinics. Seems like I came up with two top brands. Sorry...don't remember the names.

But here's a link to "veterinary disinfectants" on Amazon: Amazon.com: veterinary disinfectant: Pet Supplies

Looks like a huge outlay of money up front, but you figure one gallon of concentrate makes a lot of gallons. Should last a long time.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

"Rescue" was the brand that I was looking at purchasing when I had the feral kitten in the house this year.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not 100% , but I think it is named: Odoban

I think this is recommended for ringworm, and disinfection....I have not used it, but I think others have..