Looking for an acceptable food paste or gel?

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looking for an acceptable food paste or gel? for a cat.
If your familiar with cat lax gel for hairballs, something like that but a food gel. Over the counter preferred or Vet prescription one.
My cat , 11yo., for 9 years, always has choice of fresh dry and fresh cat food (usually fancy feast broth) every day--and will continue.
My cat loves cat lax gel when i need to give to her for an occasionally possible hairball issue.
Would like to have a food gel available as a supplement.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I'm not exactly clear what you're asking for. To clarify, the FF broths in the pouches are not food, they are treats to compliment a fully
nutritonal diet.

Tiki Cat mousse could possibly be something you might use, and it is a cat food, not a treat.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking for an acceptable food paste or gel? for a cat.
If your familiar with cat lax gel for hairballs, something like that but a food gel. Over the counter preferred or Vet prescription one.
My cat , 11yo., for 9 years, always has choice of fresh dry and fresh cat food (usually fancy feast broth) every day--and will continue.
My cat loves cat lax gel when i need to give to her for an occasionally possible hairball issue.
Would like to have a food gel available as a supplement.
Do you mean tiki sticks or churu tubes,not as a meal

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you're feeding dry food, why do you need a supplement? The dry food alone is nutritionally complete. The FF Broths are not, they have no vitamins / minerals and are treats in disguise. Supplementing the diet with extra vitamins / minerals is not always a good thing. Have you asked your vet about adding a supplement to the cats' diet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!
I'm not exactly clear what you're asking for. To clarify, the FF broths in the pouches are not food, they are treats to compliment a fully
nutritonal diet.

Tiki Cat mousse could possibly be something you might use, and it is a cat food, not a treat.
Have bought Tiki mousse before about 3 years ago. Because of the pandemic cat food out of stock issues and it is not sold locally, i have forgot about the mousse product. Going to guess 12 in a box is no longer about $12. When i had the mousse before, i had 3 cats...one of whom thew it up. Still looking if there a paste type food like cat lax.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat
If you're feeding dry food, why do you need a supplement? The dry food alone is nutritionally complete. The FF Broths are not, they have no vitamins / minerals and are treats in disguise. Supplementing the diet with extra vitamins / minerals is not always a good thing. Have you asked your vet about adding a supplement to the cats' diet?
This may sound not so right. Vet visits are costing hundreds of dollars now for a visit, any treatment can hit $700plus into thousands. I cant afford to rely on a Vet any longer for pet health issues but forced to become more self reliant on my pet care issues.
I can afford once or twice a year and at 2 already this year, with an aging dog, expect 1 or 2 more times this year.

My cat has Fancy feast dry food and one or more varieties of wet type cat food available every day. She likes the broth but no so much the solid meat parts in the broth. The other wet food varieties she nibbles a tad,then tries to bury and not return to eating it.
I am aware too much of the concept, too much of daily needed vitamin or mineral can be unhealthy.

My 11 year old cat was adopted from a shelter, believe she was 2yo. Have never seen her eat a full or any where near a full can of cat food at one sitting. It is getting expensive to toss out barely eaten wet cat food on top of vet visits.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think extra vitamins and minerals and supplements will prevent possible future health issues :dunno:

Some cats just won't eat canned food and nothing you can do will change their mind. You can portion out a can of food into whatever amount your cat will eat in one sitting. Ice cube trays work well. Freeze the food and take out to thaw as needed. Dry food is fine (not ideal but it's food) as long as you ensure the cat is getting plenty of water. Tips To Increase Your Cat’s Water Intake – TheCatSite Articles

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since your cat does not seem overly impressed with canned food that has solid meat parts in the broth, have you tried pates. Fancy Feast pates are not bad food overall. They are also available in 3-ounce cans which might help with your waste issue. And you can always store food in the refrigerator for a day or so instead of tossing it out. Just place it in a plastic re-sealable container. If your cat doesn't like cold food, you could also store the excess food in sealable baggies and then place them in a dish of hot water to help get them closer to room temp when you remove them from the fridge.

You could also try to use a blender to get the meat parts chopped up a bit more in the food you are currently using. Even smashing them with a fork might help. There are also broths, stews, and bisque "treats" that you can add to food to make more 'gravy/broth' in the food.
FortiFlora, which is considered a probiotic, but is really more of a food enticer could be added to her food from time to time just to get her to eat more. You don't even need to use a whole packet at a time. A lot of folks seem to think it is addictive and hesitate to use it daily - however in my case I don't use it daily because Feeby will tire of it if she gets it all the time.

You could also crunch up some of her dry food and use it as a topper to her canned foods. There are numerous dry treats that could be used the same way as well.

All in all, as said above, you probably don't need additional vitamins/minerals at this point.