Looking for a toy

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anyplace that makes a toy like this one

http://www.petsmart.com/cat/toys/pe...-catid-200021?var_id=36-11781&_t=pfm=category

but where the toy at the end of the wand can detach easily when cat catches it?

My new kitten loves this toy, but once she catches it, she gets it in her mouth and runs off with it.  It was cute when she was just doing it from the bedroom to the bathroom across the hall, but now she's taken to running downstairs with it.  I run after her, and twice I've had to untangle her from the string.  I'm worried she's going to get hurt with it. But I hate to stifle her if she wants to carry it somewhere.

I've tried giving her similar toys that aren't on a wand to carry around, but she is not interested.

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is there anyplace that makes a toy like this one

http://www.petsmart.com/cat/toys/pe...-catid-200021?var_id=36-11781&_t=pfm=category

but where the toy at the end of the wand can detach easily when cat catches it?

My new kitten loves this toy, but once she catches it, she gets it in her mouth and runs off with it.  It was cute when she was just doing it from the bedroom to the bathroom across the hall, but now she's taken to running downstairs with it.  I run after her, and twice I've had to untangle her from the string.  I'm worried she's going to get hurt with it. But I hate to stifle her if she wants to carry it somewhere.

I've tried giving her similar toys that aren't on a wand to carry around, but she is not interested.
Mine like these by SmartyKat.  I get them soft, furry balls with real feathers attached and the toy can detach itself.  They have other shapes for the toy, in animals and bugs.  Most have the feathers, which they love.  They're pretty cheap but durable, too.  They are about $4-$5 per wand.

http://www.target.com/OpenZoomLayer...ngable+2+in+1+Wand+Set+Pet+Toy&omniImageCount=

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would it detach if the cat tugged on it?  That's what I would really like.  I know she's not to interested in feathers (I've tried), but the soft toy thing she might go for.

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Would it detach if the cat tugged on it?  That's what I would really like.  I know she's not to interested in feathers (I've tried), but the soft toy thing she might go for.
YES it does!!  My boys especially are very rough and like to tug and detach it and take off with it as a prize or a symbol of their victory.  So I know what you're talking about.  LOL!!

itsnotpeanutbut

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Of our 2 cats, the youngest one also tries to run away with her catch, so we needed a similar solution to you (all fun and games, until she crawls onder the sofa with it and get stuck).

So we purchased a "Flying Frenzy", which is the European answer to the American "Da Bird". 

While the attachment doesn't detach from the wand if caught, the company that makes them also sells the attachments as individual toys (without the metallic parts and the string). So we usually just tease the cats for a good while with the wand, but try to avoid letting them catch it. Then when we're nearing the end of playtime, we just throw one of the individual toys towards them and let them run off with that until they let go of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

YES it does!!  My boys especially are very rough and like to tug and detach it and take off with it as a prize or a symbol of their victory.  So I know what you're talking about.  LOL!!
I just ordered one! I had to get it online because they don't have them in the stores.  I'm really anxious to get it!

glenman12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes it detaches...the string part clips on to the wand so you can switch them out...

heres another one...

https://www.getcatsmeow.com/,,,my cats love this one...little pricey but you get two for the price of one...only problem is that C batteries are expensive...