Looking For A New Quiet Water Fountain

tmiona

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys!

So I recently had to move into a studio apartment with my 2 kitties and although it is just temporary, I need to make a few changes.. starting by getting a new water fountain!
They currently have the Drinkwell Pagoda Pet Fountain which is great and looks very nice but it is super loud, I can't sleep with it on!
It isn't the pump that's the issue, it's the sound of the water flow.

Can anyone please recommend a quiet fountain?
Thank you!!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the quietest water fountain i have ever had. If you let the water get low you can hear it. If you keep it topped up it is silent. No pump noise either.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is the fountain we have . It does have a slight hum but no sound from the water flow . It has a swirling effect which our cats like the best .
I just ordered a second water fountain . Have not got it yet though .

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
They all get loud as the water drops and have a light hum. one trick I found is that if you put a pad ( leek a dish drying pad) under it, that will dampen the vibrations (it also catches minor splashes!)

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have this one and just love it. My 6 cats and large dog all use it. I just bought a second one for the second floor. It is very quiet as long as the surface it sits on is level. It also gets a bit louder if the water gets too low.

I change out the water completely every 5-7 days and scrub it clean. I then change the filter every 3-4 weeks. I have had my original for almost 3 years now.