Long or Short haired kitten?

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all!
Meet our newest edition, Karlach.
We adopted her after she had a rough start in life, being rescued from a hoarding house with 30 other cats and kittens all stemming from a few unspayed ladies. She needed a little extra care in foster as she and her sibling were mostly feral when they were rescued.

She is somewhere between 11-14 weeks, currently bigger than her known sister and was therefore mistaken as a male for her first 10 weeks of life.

I'm curious to know if she's looking like a future longhaired lady or a shortie?
Sometimes I'm sure she's long haired, others I look ans think surely she'd be longer haired now if she was going to be.
Thoughts?
Tried to get the clearest pics I can, as she's a bundle of energy who doesn't like to stand still at all.

Attachments

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a cutie😻 I think she will be long hair due to the paw tufts and other longer hair features. She could be a medium type long hair. Lh cats can take a while to get fluffy. Short hair cats can have paw tufts too, my Merlin has them and he is a very fluffy dsh.

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I think you're going to have to wait until she grows up to know for sure. Usually you can tell more by the tail, but her tail is kind of in between. She might be a shorthair with kitten fuzzies.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and aw, this should have come with a cuteness warning! :hearthrob: I am thinking medium, based on what a purebred Persian would look like at that age.

Bless you for rescuing! If there is one thing the world needs, it's more good people like you. :thumbsup: