Long Life On Fancy Feast

sevenplus1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost a cat 2 years ago at 9.5 years which is young. Fancy Feast was the majority of what he ate. And yet you will read about cats that lived to 30 (!!) eating the same thing. I do think that we can hedge our bets by feeding our cats with better food but in the end it seems to me that a key factor in longevity is genetics. As with humans, some cats just have the genes for long life and as long as they don't get fat or engage in any other health destroying behaviors they live out their full spate of years. I hope I'm that lucky.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Eating Fancy Feast killed her twenty-four years later, a few days short of her thirtieth birthday"....Best post ever 1CatOverTheLine! The trick is moisture, moisture, moisture to keep those kitty kidneys working. I suppose it's the same for humans. I need to drink more water.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Eating Fancy Feast killed her twenty-four years later, a few days short of her thirtieth birthday"....Best post ever 1CatOverTheLine! The trick is moisture, moisture, moisture to keep those kitty kidneys working. I suppose it's the same for humans. I need to drink more water.
I agree about moisture, that's one of the most important things we can feed our cats.

I have to say that after a couple nights battling with our pickier cat about her canned foods, I'm starting to think that I might live a longer life if I feed her more Fancy Feast because it can really raise my blood pressure to try to get her to eat something she's just not that into anymore! (Why oh why do cats change their minds about their food so often!? I'm sure her passion for Fancy Feast Classics will pass, too, but for now they're her favorite...)

raypinciotti

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I certainly hope fancy feast is good because my 15 YO crazy cat won't eat anything else, dry or wet food, but must be fancy feast. I'm currently breaking idk how many international custom laws of, at least, 2 countries by smuggling the stuff from the US.... :-/ That fancy feast is powerful stuff.