Long hairs on back of legs

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Suki has these long whisker like hairs behind her legs. I've never noticed that with my other cats before. Anyone else have cats with hairs like this. They are not hard like whiskers..they just stick out. Haha I love them. Just wondering why she has those. She is a short haired silver torbie.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well shoot. I just realized that's not the best pic to show what I'm describing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow. Okay I Google it. I should have done that first.
They are carpal whiskers and all cats have them ha. I don't know how to delete my post?

pipperoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't fret! I had the same question a few months back. I got alarmed because i felt a bump on the back of my cat's leg and there are only two fine carpal whiskers on each leg so i didn't notice them. Of course I started panicking and thinking she possibly had a cancerous growth and i googled (bump on back of cat's leg) and found the same info you found!!

Interesting role they play: to feel the movement of captured prey!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Suki has these long whisker like hairs behind her legs. I've never noticed that with my other cats before. Anyone else have cats with hairs like this. They are not hard like whiskers..they just stick out. Haha I love them. Just wondering why she has those. She is a short haired silver torbie.
I think all cars have them… although I haven't noticed them on all my kitties, the whiskers tell a cat where it can pass through etc. as well.