Long haired or short haired

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Your new little girl is absolutely adorable.:lovecat3: My best guess is that she will be medium long haired but I'm sure other members will weigh in with their opinion. Have you thought of a name for her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CrazyKatLover5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am leaning towards that also! It’s hard to tell with just one pic. We are going to call her Birdie.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems she has most of the traits associated with long hair, but I can't see her tail well in that picture.

CrazyKatLover5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, seeing her tail would be helpful! We pick her up This coming Sunday so hopefully when I see her in person I will be able to tell better. We really don’t care what she is, just curious.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she from a reputable rescue? She looks very small to be ready to leave (12-14 weeks old).

appears longhair but more photos will be needed

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! We are adopting this little girl and just wondering if you all think she is short haired or long haired. I have a long haired cat and two short haired and I really can’t tell from the pic. Thanks!!!
She is adorable, what a little beauty 😻 I think she is a longhair. So you will have a floofy girlie💕 some kittiens who are long hair don’t have the longer tail hairs until later according to various lh cat people, and she has long tufts in her front paws already.

Last edited:

CrazyKatLover5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is she from a reputable rescue? She looks very small to be ready to leave (12-14 weeks old).

appears longhair but more photos will be needed
Yes, she is. And yes, she is very small. This picture is actually from a month ago though and they are saying she is just now ready to go home this coming Sunday at 3 months old.

CrazyKatLover5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is adorable, what a little beauty 😻 I think she is a longhair. So you will have a floofy girlie💕 some kittiens who are long hair don’t have the longer tail hairs according to various lh cat people, and she has long tufts in her front paws already.
Yes, I did notice the tufts in her paws. I think she for sure has long hair characteristics. It just threw me off because our male cat is a long hair and he was so much fluffier but of course I only have this one photo of her and she is quite small for her age.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I did notice the tufts in her paws. I think she for sure has long hair characteristics. It just threw me off because our male cat is a long hair and he was so much fluffier but of course I only have this one photo of her and she is quite small for her age.
Even among lh kitties there are variations on the length and fur quality/ density, undercoat etc. and many do not reach their full floof until 2 years. Some specific breeds like persian etc. are super floofly even as kittens.

CrazyKatLover5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is good to know! I only have one long haired cat so was basing everything off him. It will be fun to see what she grows up to look like! I know a couple of her siblings are obvious long haired and 2 or short haired. She just looked in the somewhere in the middle to me. I will post pics when we get her.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you asked for an updated pic? She's very cute but does look to have an URI in that pic. I would ask for a new pic just to see if she's healthy or not.