Long Hair Or Short Hair?

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like medium hair to me. Gorgeous baby!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
With that tail I'd say longhair, or at least semi-longhair. It looks like she's going to be a big girl, too. :hearthrob:

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. You have a very cute kitten. What is her name?

She looks like a longhair.

Undies1978

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Daisy6, We think he's a boy so my son has named him Eddie, thinking we are on a safe bet as it could be Edwina shorten to Eddie if it is a girl! It nice as the mum cat belongs to a friend so they have started to call him Eddie already! So you think short hair?

Undies1978

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you MoochNNoodles, I thought short hair but then he seems to have started sprouting odd longer hairs so I thought long coat.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you MoochNNoodles, I thought short hair but then he seems to have started sprouting odd longer hairs so I thought long coat.
It'm pretty sure its just how some kitten coats look. They can look like little messy fuzzballs sometimes. It might mean a denser coat when he grows up. I don't think his tail looks fuzzy enough. I think he would have longer tufts from his ears. I could be wrong. Most of my cats have been short hair or were much older when they came to the family. If I'm wrong; we'll all learn something right? :)

Kitty_Galore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks like a short hair to me and a beautiful one too! Reminds me of the toothless from the how to train your dragon :D

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Daisy6, We think he's a boy so my son has named him Eddie, thinking we are on a safe bet as it could be Edwina shorten to Eddie if it is a girl! It nice as the mum cat belongs to a friend so they have started to call him Eddie already! So you think short hair?
Eddie for a boy, Edie for a girl!!! =D
Very cute babe.
We fostered a VERY fuzzy looking kitten that went to a new home around 8-9 weeks (we weren't sure of his exact age). We swore he'd be long haired, he had twice the fuzz of his litter mates.
Unfortunately, he was stalking and attacking their other young cat, making her life miserable, so he came back to us per the contract and they brought us a 4 month old cat with a SLEEK coat. I was dumbfounded that this fuzz ball was so smooth haired.
(He lives nearby, and is "all cat" but gives great hugs.)

Undies1978

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for help. Yes I can see why you think toothless! Yes I think we can make Eddie work either way. I can wait to bring him home, he's going to be 12-13 weeks by the time he actually arrives because of a stupid holiday we have booked, but it's not fair to bring him home then up and leave him for a week in such early days of him getting here. But we get to visit him most weeks

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
You can figure out the cat's sex by looking under the tail.

Undies1978

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
12 weeks is really good for them to learn all the manners and things they can from their mama. Please post pics when you do get him home!
Just feels like forever at the moment, by son has a calendar he is marking off the days each morning. And yes I'm sure there will be one or two photos taken! ;-)

Lanikoa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have the same question about my little girl. She has the ear and toe tufts with a fluffy tail. She is not quite 4 months yet but her long kitten fuzz is going away on the majority of her body. The hair is still really dense and even curly in some places. I'm wondering if she is going to be one of those cats with a short summer coat but long fluffy winter coat.
IMG_20180626_194041.jpg

Attachments

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be Lanikoa Lanikoa ! Her tail looks fluffy. Do you have any other pictures of her? I've seen some medium coats that look more fluffy in the tail and around the neck than the body. So that's a possibility.

My mother's Olivia looks much fluffier in the winter than the summer. She looses almost all of her ruff around her head in the summer. Some cats poof up in their cheeks only.