Long Hair According To Vet...

Catlover963

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
D3DB3A6B-139F-493E-A731-E77106F97E63.jpeg
8676ACD8-083F-4C4D-99BE-B3A6B3C9D230.jpeg
So I adopted this lil guy beginning of October, and he’s about 16 weeks! He’s so cute :) so I took him to the vet today for a few shots, and feeling his coat, the vet remarked he most likely will be long hair due to its thickness. But she didn’t also state his tail didn’t seem very fluffy. I adopted him from a humane society who had told me he was shorthair as a kitten, so I’m not sure what to believe! I will love him either way regardless <3 what do you guys think?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catlover963

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
*did mention his tail didn’t seem very fluffy

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we're going to have a cold winter. That means most cats are working on thick coats. Sweet Gum is working on putting on yet another couple of extra pounds. So it is.

During particularly cold years, way before it turned cold, my short haired cats became almost plush with thick undercoats. Of course, your cat may have a thick undercoat and be a long hair. That's one of the great things about cats so many surprises.

Your kitty's beautiful. Has he gotten a name yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catlover963

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think we're going to have a cold winter. That means most cats are working on thick coats. Sweet Gum is working on putting on yet another couple of extra pounds. So it is.

During particularly cold years, way before it turned cold, my short haired cats became almost plush with thick undercoats. Of course, your cat may have a thick undercoat and be a long hair. That's one of the great things about cats so many surprises.

Your kitty's beautiful. Has he gotten a name yet?
Yes! Binx :)

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good name, should foreshadow sprightly play and a good bit of it.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Uhh... Hm.
Dunno if I'd go to that vet anymore. :tongue:

chelso

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You never know, they can go from this

to this...
IMG_0229.jpeg

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's adorable! Definitely a short haired kitten. I've seen lots of short haired cats with thick hair.