Long Growth on pad

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats go regularly to the vet , every couple months , for nail clips.
My 18 year old is overdue and sticking to the furniture. She is dosed with gabby today so I thought I would give it a go and try to clip her nails myself.
I’m not sure how I’ve never seen this. She has a long worn coming out from under one of her nails. What is this?
The is in renal failure. For many years I’ve have believe she was Felv positive from a test many many years ago. However two recent test show negative, not sure if this info is relevant.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This may be what is called a cutaneous horn. Not anything to worry about, and I believe they are normally just let alone unless they cause an issue with walking, etc. Then they can be trimmed just like a nail, after the Vet has confirmed that is what it is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This may be what is called a cutaneous horn. Not anything to worry about, and I believe they are normally just let alone unless they cause an issue with walking, etc. Then they can be trimmed just like a nail, after the Vet has confirmed that is what it is.
Thank you , I am not able to get her in until the end of next week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This was actually something stuck in her pad! We have no idea what. I have it in a baggie , but I’m mind blown on what it could be. We saw a temp vet but I had confidence in her. She said she would pull gently . It came out with some bleeding. She didn’t feel antibiotics were needed. It’s such an odd place to have something stuck as it’s not a walking surface.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! I'm surprised it didn't bother her. You'd think it would have been painful