Lonely

gothceltgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really wish I had someone to talk to. I relocated, had to give up my apt. in Jan, & have been at my BFF's house since March. It's insane here! I don't really get to talk to her much b/c she has a 3 yo daughter who's going through the "mommy can't talk to anyone w/o me getting really noisy" phase. And b/c it drains my energy & is just too hard to push through I stay away from her most of the time. Today is cold. I'm waiting on a load of clothes to finish & it's about time for me to eat my dinner. I don't want to eat dinner, really wish I could order takeout, but that's a bit too expensive, as I've already spent a ton on presents & whatnot. So I'm just reaching out to anyone who is willing to listen at this time. It feels more lonely living w/her than living far away did. I feel so trapped & aggravated. I hate it here so much. I also really need (another) place to stay.

I'm seriously considering saving up for laundromat time, so I can have the time to myself w/o the family circus noise & chaos. I'm a live by myself kind of person, so that also gets me down.

Mikelp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really wish I had someone to talk to. I relocated, had to give up my apt. in Jan, & have been at my BFF's house since March. It's insane here! I don't really get to talk to her much b/c she has a 3 yo daughter who's going through the "mommy can't talk to anyone w/o me getting really noisy" phase. And b/c it drains my energy & is just too hard to push through I stay away from her most of the time. Today is cold. I'm waiting on a load of clothes to finish & it's about time for me to eat my dinner. I don't want to eat dinner, really wish I could order takeout, but that's a bit too expensive, as I've already spent a ton on presents & whatnot. So I'm just reaching out to anyone who is willing to listen at this time. It feels more lonely living w/her than living far away did. I feel so trapped & aggravated. I hate it here so much. I also really need (another) place to stay.

I'm seriously considering saving up for laundromat time, so I can have the time to myself w/o the family circus noise & chaos. I'm a live by myself kind of person, so that also gets me down.
I wonder if you would feel more comfortable setting aside time to be by yourself, if you have your own room

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This can be a lonely time of year, especially with COVID-19 happening. It is good that you are reaching to to other like minded people (kitty lovers) hopefully once the COVID thing get under control you will have more options. I find long walks helpful, but not sure where you are but it is getting cold here.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

sorry to hear your feeling that way hope things get better for you soon but your not alone things will be ok

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang in there hon! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: We are all here for you!

Not sure if it helps, but if possible maybe you and your BFF can plan a "Girls Day/Night Out" thing? (Covid circumstance, schedules and budget permitting of course) Even if it just means staying at home with doing a home spa, snacks, drinks and a movie marathon with just the two of you. Or go out somewhere in the park with some tea and a walk. Maybe next time the little spends time with her dad, a baby sitter or visits another family member? The child will have to understand boundaries in due time, and your BFF is your BFF after all and would sympathize where you are coming from.

In any case, loneliness is an understandable and heavy feeling and very common nowadays. Just remind yourself this situation is temporary and will pass someday. Don't hesitate to reach out to us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothceltgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wonder if you would feel more comfortable setting aside time to be by yourself, if you have your own room
I'm in my room by myself all day long, except to get food for me & my furry girl, go to the bathroom, & shower. I'm always in my room. But I need to be truly alone to feel fully myself. I'm going to put everything I've got into my efforts to get a place to live.

Boy have I missed you guys. I was on here a few years ago, before my life went to Hell & back.

I just realized that, in addition to not actually working for depression, the massive amts of St. John's Wort I'd been taking was making me pee all night, which was in turn ruining my overall sleep. Hopefully I'll come back rested & refreshed another day.

gothceltgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hang in there hon! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: We are all here for you!

Not sure if it helps, but if possible maybe you and your BFF can plan a "Girls Day/Night Out" thing? (Covid circumstance, schedules and budget permitting of course) Even if it just means staying at home with doing a home spa, snacks, drinks and a movie marathon with just the two of you. Or go out somewhere in the park with some tea and a walk. Maybe next time the little spends time with her dad, a baby sitter or visits another family member? The child will have to understand boundaries in due time, and your BFF is your BFF after all and would sympathize where you are coming from.

In any case, loneliness is an understandable and heavy feeling and very common nowadays. Just remind yourself this situation is temporary and will pass someday. Don't hesitate to reach out to us!
Unfortunately my BFF is an introvert, an attachment parent, & doesn't drink (anymore) or go out. She leaves her w/her son while she's working. She works from home too, so she's literally always here. Her father lives in MA, & is coming to visit. Her daughter is a bit autistic & freaks out w/people so no baby sitters EVER. And b/c of the pandemic severity she's a bit restrictive about going out anyways. She doesn't really send her to her mom's b/c of family issues. So there's literally no respite for her, or for us. Livig w/them is really not good for me. Living w/people is bad for me period.

I went out in Sept. & had to wear a mask in the house for 2 weeks. If it weren't for that, I'd go out more. But I have difficulty breathing, ironically not from Corona, which I had in March, but from the Mycoplasma P. infection that recurred over a decade ago. I hate masks so much. They make me huff & puff & it's so difficult to do things in them. I can't wait to get the vaccine.

I'll reply to more of you later on. I'm hella tired today. Barely got any sleep today, as I had to go downstairs in the freezing house to pee today b/c someone was in the bathroom up here & it was upsetting enough to make my mind do that overloaded overthinking thing which means I couldn't get back to sleep.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately my BFF is an introvert, an attachment parent, & doesn't drink (anymore) or go out. She leaves her w/her son while she's working. She works from home too, so she's literally always here. Her father lives in MA, & is coming to visit. Her daughter is a bit autistic & freaks out w/people so no baby sitters EVER. And b/c of the pandemic severity she's a bit restrictive about going out anyways. She doesn't really send her to her mom's b/c of family issues. So there's literally no respite for her, or for us. Livig w/them is really not good for me. Living w/people is bad for me period.

I went out in Sept. & had to wear a mask in the house for 2 weeks. If it weren't for that, I'd go out more. But I have difficulty breathing, ironically not from Corona, which I had in March, but from the Mycoplasma P. infection that recurred over a decade ago. I hate masks so much. They make me huff & puff & it's so difficult to do things in them. I can't wait to get the vaccine.

I'll reply to more of you later on. I'm hella tired today. Barely got any sleep today, as I had to go downstairs in the freezing house to pee today b/c someone was in the bathroom up here & it was upsetting enough to make my mind do that overloaded overthinking thing which means I couldn't get back to sleep.
get plenty of rest , we will be here when you need us

gothceltgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This can be a lonely time of year, especially with COVID-19 happening. It is good that you are reaching to to other like minded people (kitty lovers) hopefully once the COVID thing get under control you will have more options. I find long walks helpful, but not sure where you are but it is getting cold here.
It's hella difficult to take walks (due to Winter & chronic pain), I do sometimes walk outside just for a bit to vape, not allowed to in the house, and also usually rely (heavily) on my walks to the store, as A. I get some alone thinking time & B. I get away from everyone. I am so upset right now b/c I made the mistake of telling her how something she said made me feel, and long story short, she ended the msgs w/"I apologize for being myself [shrug emoji]" That wasn't an apology at all, but her being all weird b/c I'm upset b/c I don't want logic girl solving problems. She's like those people who say you need Jesus about every problem, except for her, it's therapy. Sometimes talking & commiserating & understanding is all the therapy that's required. Ya know?

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hella difficult to take walks (due to Winter & chronic pain), I do sometimes walk outside just for a bit to vape, not allowed to in the house, and also usually rely (heavily) on my walks to the store, as A. I get some alone thinking time & B. I get away from everyone. I am so upset right now b/c I made the mistake of telling her how something she said made me feel, and long story short, she ended the msgs w/"I apologize for being myself [shrug emoji]" That wasn't an apology at all, but her being all weird b/c I'm upset b/c I don't want logic girl solving problems. She's like those people who say you need Jesus about every problem, except for her, it's therapy. Sometimes talking & commiserating & understanding is all the therapy that's required. Ya know?
i can understand how you feel Layla

TV Dinner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Nice of your friend to provide you a place to stay, hope you are in better spirits.