locally grown, processed, grass-fed beef

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BF and I were at one of the larger, local farmers' markets this morning and there was a local grower/rancher selling beef. Organic, grass-fed/grazed, etc.

Well, I decided to try some for the two legged and four-legged members of the family.

The cats got some first!
I bought frozen stew beef and took a very sharp knife and sliced off small pieces. The cats went NUTS for it!! I mean nuts!!!

Jakie was first to investigate ..... he licked the sliver of beef in my fingers and then SNATCHED it up... chewing, chewing, chewing..... that was it. He was hooked.

The others followed! Six of the seven really enjoyed it. Casper wouldn't try it.

Tex was grabbing bits of meat from the others and growling.
Unfortunately, I let him eat too much too fast - and he vomited it back up. At least I think that was the problem. Do you think it was the meat or how fast/much/no chewing on Tex's part? The other five were perfectly fine and Tex is my scarf-n-barf kitty.

Either way, I think I am going to get more meat from this producer. They are about 70-80 miles away in Michigan's thumb. They process chickens twice a year. Think I will order some for everyone.

This is the place:
http://maitlandfamilyfarm.com/market.html

A review....
http://www.sustainlane.com/reviews/m...USRFFQ9SQUR98X

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is available in nearly every area( quality that is) ... but many just do not want to look for it
.. congrates as I love getting good meat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is $$$$$ but I like supporting local wherever and whenever I can. I will work in this kind of meat ... but I cannot afford to have it all of the time.

Whole Foods here also has local sources for meat, as do a couple of the other high-end grocery stores. It was fun, though, to buy it off of the farmer.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I just say - just for the record, you understand - how totally jealous I am?