Loading thread and having to scroll up?

berbdcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am on PC microsoft 7, and every time I click on a thread, when it loads, I'm automatically brought to the very bottom of the page and if theres multiple pages, on the first page. I think it could be some sort of set that brings me to the 'posting box' straight away. But I find it annoying because I have have to keep scrolling up to the top of the page  (When I want to read a new thread from the top for example) and clicking on the last page most of the time (in long threads like games for example). On my android phone I have a similar problem, but thats ok there because theres a button that brings you to the top/bottom of a page there. 

I hope you can help me :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

berbdcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So after turning the laptop off last night and turning it on today, after loading I am at the top of the page again, but still on the first page

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm. What browser are you using? How are you getting to the threads? From "New Posts", from the list of threads in a particular forum, from "Next Thread", etc.? Do you click on the "Unread posts" link at the top left when you open a thread?

Does it make a difference if you change your "Show Alert Bar" setting (under Edit Account Details in your profile)? You could try it with "Never" and see whether that helps.

View media item 225342

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

berbdcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use google chrome, and the main ways that I enter a thread is either through my subscriptions or through 'Recent Discussions' at the bottom of the page. Also sometimes I go into the forum and search for new threads. I've narrowed it down to this:  When I go onto a thread through my subscriptions I load on the top of the page, but if I go through the 'Recent Discussions' I end up on the bottom of the page, at the newest post. If I go in through the forums, I load on the top of the page.

So its probably that on recent discussions it puts you to the newest post coz its 'recent'. Do you know anywhere in the settings to change this?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
No, I don't. The system is set up to take you to the first unread post in a thread. The old platform let you choose whether to have the posts displayed in chronological order or the most recent first, but afaik you can't do it on this platform. You could play with the Alert Bar setting to see whether that makes any difference.

If you start from the main page of a forum, you can click on the icon to the left of a thread title to be taken to the first unread post.

View media item 225593