Liver Inflammation - Milk Thistle, How Much??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Teri122

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I found out what her enzymes are, but not the way I was hoping. Out of the blue Tabitha stopped eating Thursday evening. So, off to the emergency vet last nite. As a reminder, Tabitha is an inside feral. Getting her to the Dr is no small feat. Grabbing her by surprise breaks my heart, her full feral-ness comes out until she is safely tucked in the carrier. You build up trust then do something like that, and she does not understand. Gabapentin did not make it any better when tried. Anyway, bloodwork was done, and her liver enzymes were perfect! The >1000 ALT on 12/30 came down to 72! ALP of 174 down to 29! Super high praise for my Milk Thistle Seed Powder. So while I am stoked about those numbers, it doesn't change the fact that she is still sick. She got the usual treatment at the hospital, figuring pancreatitis as the most likely cause (that was included on the ultrasound 12/30 - cholangiohepatitis, pancreatitis). A snap test did show "abnormal" for pancreas Fwiw. But today, she has not bounced back like usual after a vet trip. She got the pain med and cerenia in her fluids last nite, but now has not had her pred since she last took it Thursday morning, had been getting 2.5mg twice a day. I think she is still nauseas, barely eating since we got home, and I can't get her to eat any pills no how. My plan is to get a cypro in her first, so then can start on zofran, cerenia, pred, gabapentin. For the past month getting her to eat her pills has been as easy as just putting them in a little cheese/wet food meatball and she loved them. The thought of having to grab her again to go back to the vet is making me nauseas.