Little Philip's Bloody Eyelid.

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After a wee bit of advice. We recently noticed that Philip had a little bit of blood in the corner his eye, and assumed that he'd just been caught by Elizabeth's claw on the bridge of his nose(She bullies him, it happens occasionally) however, today I noticed that there seems be a lot of redness on his third eyelid. He's not seemingly in any pain, he's not squinting or less energetic or even seems to notice it at all, hence how we overlooked it. Is it likely that this is just a burst blood vessel, and how long should we wait, if at all, before we rush him to the vets? Should we just monitor it for a few days and see if anything changes? I have a habit of overworrying, and I don't want to put him through the stress of the 45 minute car journey (which he detests) to the vets if there's no reason to.

See picture for very handsome demonstration of said bloody eye.
Philipeye.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my, he IS handsome!!

Given the stress of vet visits, if it were me I'd keep an eye on things... if possible, can you send this picture in to your vet?

Can Elizabeth be distracted from bullying with more playtime just for her, harness/leash walks, a hiss at her when she's being mean?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my, he IS handsome!!

Given the stress of vet visits, if it were me I'd keep an eye on things... if possible, can you send this picture in to your vet?

Can Elizabeth be distracted from bullying with more playtime just for her, harness/leash walks, a hiss at her when she's being mean?
I will send a picture in to the vets and keep an eye on it! Thank you. I tend to cottonwrap my kits and panic as soon as something's even remotely wrong so it's good to know that someone else would just keep an eye on it and not worry too much! It's a little tricky to distract Elizabeth; it's not so much that she's being mean, but Philip is much less... athletic than she is, so when they play, he's often at a disadvantage. She's very nimble and fast, where as he's far more clumsy and cumbersome and it can be a little overwhelming for him as much as he would like to keep up. We do try to separate them if we can see that she's got a bit too much energy for him to keep up (even if he'd like to think that he can!) They're both coming up to almost 2 years, so they're still quite young and full of beans!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:thumbsup:. :cloud9:
You could try a wand toy, I'm reading that members really like one called Da Bird, for her, to work off some of that excess energy :)