Little Persian picky eater!

Morticia_89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was hoping I could get some Nutrition/Feeding advice regarding my 1 year old Himalayan Elvis. So he has always been very tiny. He fit in the palm of my hand when I got him and is still very tiny (don't let the fluff fool you he looks like a skinny rat when wet 😂) he is definitely not emaciated but looks much thinner than his brothers and sisters. He randomly stopped eating his wet food a few months ago and had zero counter interest in it all of a sudden even after trying a few other brands. He will lick the juice then leave the rest and cry. He has super tiny teeth so I ended up buying a cat food that had little pieces he could chew. My vet said 1/2 cup morning and night is too much but if I give less he loses weight (No worms or other health issues) am I really over feeding? He is fairly active for his breed. I just worry about UTIS ect with feeding him only dry. What other healthy ways can I give some extra moisture in his food if he hates wet food? He is a very picky eater bit every bit worth it! 😺

Attachments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Coco has some Persian in her. Small mouth and baby toungh. She has trouble eating dry and wet with shreds. Keep trying to keep him on wet. Pate is the only food she has no trouble eating. And an almost flat plate.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You are not over feeding if he doesn't gain weight on the amount he is eating. I agree with the above poster to just keep trying different wet foods until you hit upon something he likes. Try any and everything. Different proteins like chicken, turkey, lamb, rabbit, etc, and different textures like pate, shreds, minces. And different brands. One of mine likes chicken pate, but only one specific brand. Another brand can have pretty much the same ingredients, and to me it will smell the same, but he won't touch it . Also, since he likes dry food, try crushing some of it and use it as a topper for wet food.