Little Kitten Parasite Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello , I found a stray kitten yesterday and I got him home to treat. Yesterday I gave him some boiled egg and he ate very little with me introducing the food to him. At that point he started defecating and I saw a lot of worms. The little fella also had some fly worms in his wounds.

Today I bought him medicine and I barely managed to give him . He won't eat at all. I also made some water with sugar gave him with a syringe but he won't accept it. His belly is big .

What should I do ? I will give him again some medicine tomorrow and I am also thinking of totally cleaning his wounds. He is so hard to take care off. I don't think he will survive if he won't eat.

Is there anyone here who can give any advice? Will he get better and defecate all those parasites if I keep giving him the medicine? Will he be ok if I won't eat food ?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you take him to a vet?

A over the counter dewormer might be all he needs, but if he had worms in open wounds it sounds like he has more going on. He should see a vet to make sure there isn't something more serious going on.

Depending on his age, some plain boiled chicken, human meat baby food( no onion or garlic), goats milk, and/or canned kitten food are all other things you can offer. The chicken, egg and human baby food are not complete foods and should only be fed for a very short period of time to get him eating. You can also give him a bath with blue Dawn to clean off his skin, if you see open wounds plain Neosporin can be applied in a very thin layer. But he really should see a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah but the thing is that he doesn't accept any food. I guess all those parasites make it impossible to eat. I will give him a bath and apply some neosporin to his wounds and I really hope he gets rid of those parasites.

If you guys believe in prayers, give this little fella some . I really hope he gets better because If it wasn't for all these assholes around here he wouldn't have got that worse.

saladflambe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kitten needs to go to the vet. He could have all kinds of issues, including ones that might be contagious to you. If you cannot afford vet care, call around and tell them you're looking to bring in a stray who needs help but that you can't pay -- see what resources they may have.

Pol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
white shadow white shadow I'm located in Albania , in the Balkans ( between Greece , Italy and Montenegro) and that is one of the main reasons why I'm reluctant to go to the vet as I think most of them can't deal with this properly , but I'll find one that works on livestock.

I bought Vermic and the vet/seller told me to give 1/4 of the medicine once a day. Google doesn't let me post a pic here. It's active ingredients are Praziquantel ; Pirantel pamoato ; Feoantel

The thing with this is that I had to force it to the cat or dilute it in the water and give it with a syringe. How does this thing work? Does it go into bloodstream or it has to go through the GI tract .

The cat also had a open wound at his right leg and I removed the maggots with water , applied some ethyl alcohol and a yellowish gel I use for another's cat infected wound.

I use gloves and I wash hands thoroughly and probably going to take some vermicide after I cure the cat . I don't feel right about taking the cat to the vet as I don't think they can treat it well. As far as I know they only treat livestock and fancy breed dogs , but I will go and ask one for sure. My main concern is that the cat doesn't eat at all and it is quite thin with exposed ribs and such and also I think that the cat isn't able to defecate all those parasites and surgery is a big no here.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The medicine you gave is excellent. It goes through the GI tract, which is where it needs to go.

Good you cleaned out the maggots, but the alcohol was probably painful on the wound.

Can you get an electrolyte solution to syringe to the kitten? It needs hydrating.

Also, can you get an antibiotic?

Thank you for trying to save this kitten!

Pol Pol

Pol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
P.s I'm sorry for being so spread out but I haven't been able to get a good sleep for some time and about 5 days ago a cat of mine died and yesterday another cat almost died from poisoning. I had to keep the thing alive by artiffical breathing for some time even though I'm not sure I helped it , but judging by the fact that It wasn't breathing much , I probably have .
Any kind of help is welcomed!

Pol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 I applied some antibiotic that I had used for another cats wound and the bad thing with it is that it wasn't sticking very well , but the cat isn't moving much so I think it will stick. Or are you referring to oral antibiotic.

I tried to give it some water mixed with sugar and salt ,some water or just sugar with water ,but If it is really needed I could go and as at the local farmacy as I think the vets here don't offer such things. If you guys could suggest something that I can get from the farmacy or smth I could do my self it would be good , but the problem with this is that the cat is really stubborn and it is very hard to give him.

Kieka Kieka It is probably 3-4 weeks old, but if It's needed I can get a photo.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you have access to goats milk see if it will take that. You may need to bottle or syringe feed it. The problem could be it hasn't started eating solid foods yet.

Pol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well I'll try it. The thin with food is that I fed him some boiled egg and at first we wasn't even trying to eat it and when I put it in his mouth he started eating with a lot of hunger but he ate very little and then he started defecating a lot of worms. My guess is that he can't eat because of the instestinal parasites .

Sarthur2 Sarthur2 Yeah I saw the post.

Pol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is 2 am here and I'm really tired as I've been taking care of the cat for about all day. If you guys believe in prayer please give this little fella a go, I'd really see him live through this .

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I meant oral antibiotics.

The cat will die without food. Please try to get goat’s milk to feed the kitten with a syringe.

Pol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found the cat dead today . I hope he has gone to a better place and having some relief .

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So very sorry to read this. We’ll close the thread now. If you’d like to post a tribute to your little friend, we invite you to do so in our Crossing the Bridge forum. Crossing the Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.