Little Chewbacca!

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else experience that their cat randomly starts talking and sounding exactly like Chewbacca??
Sometimes he gets up on the dining room table and will do like this "howling at the moon" type movement with his head and he just goes at it with the noises! LOL Or sometimes he does this throaty "raraaaaawww" type sound!

My other cat who is a few months older than him doesn't make those types of noises at all and my mom said she has never heard anything like it...Sometimes he will do it while sitting down or wherever he happens to be and then I ask him "what's wrong Toby what would you like" and he just plops down on the floor and lays down and stops..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, Chewbacca always sounds like Chewbacca in our house, and Vadar is always evil. Guess who is who? :lol: (If you zoom in their faces, you’ll see terror vs. causing terror and thrilled about it)
HAHA Oh my gosh that's too cute! :lol2: I am going to try to upload a video so you can hear it ! :tongue:

bluebirdy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sounds like a cross between meowing and what I call trilling. My cat does the later when there is something just outside her reach that she wants to hunt (bird in a tree, lazer up too high, bug on the roof)

I just tried googling and it seems like the correct term for what I mean is chattering. Though she does trill to talk to me from across the room.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sounds like a cross between meowing and what I call trilling. My cat does the later when there is something just outside her reach that she wants to hunt (bird in a tree, lazer up too high, bug on the roof)

I just tried googling and it seems like the correct term for what I mean is chattering. Though she does trill to talk to me from across the room.
It's puzzling though because he sounds different than that when he sees a bird or hunts his favorite toy :dunno:
He's very vocal and as he's growing he is making more and more sounds haha and never having cats before in my life it is just so funny to watch

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh Buttercup makes this exact sound!!! I watched so many YouTube videos trying to figure it out, lol! Yes I agree with these lovely folks that’s it’s a meow/trill combo, and it usually is very choppy because she does it when she’s “bounding” and landing hard each time (like a frolicking Fawn) and the air buffs out each time she lands. We have a hilarious couple of weirdos, I love it!! I wouldn’t have thought Chewbacca, but you are so right, it’s just very high pitched! The other noise she makes is a “mreh”, which I also found on YouTube. She’s VERY chatty, unlike any cat I’ve ever seen, but doesn’t make many ”normal” cat sounds. I don’t have the cash to fling at a DNA test, but I’m dying to know!!

FlawlessImperfection

Alpha Cat
Purraise

I agree! I had trouble identifying this noise at our house too, and that was the conclusion I came to. “Chattering” is also a neat sound, I haven’t heard that here, it seems some cats do and don’t make that specific noise? Does it mean she frustrated when hunting? It must be cute!

FlawlessImperfection

Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's puzzling though because he sounds different than that when he sees a bird or hunts his favorite toy :dunno:
He's very vocal and as he's growing he is making more and more sounds haha and never having cats before in my life it is just so funny to watch
Buttercup does this when she’s happy and calling to me, I’ve finally figured that part out at least, lol! Does he do it when he sees you or comes to you? I wonder.....?

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Buttercup does this when she’s happy and calling to me, I’ve finally figured that part out at least, lol! Does he do it when he sees you or comes to you? I wonder.....?
So he usually sees my car pull up in the parking lot when I come home from work..I wave to him from the parking lot and then I see him dash over to the front door. When I open the door he does it while simultaneously flopping down onto his back :crackup: So I pretty much cannot even get in the door unless I give him a belly rub first....and then for the next 2 hours it's on and off with the sounds! Especially when he's excited because he will walk me over to the closet where I keep "Da Bird" :tongue: So I guess it would make sense that he does it when he is happy or wants something..but then again when don't they want something lol.

FlawlessImperfection

Alpha Cat
Purraise
So he usually sees my car pull up in the parking lot when I come home from work..I wave to him from the parking lot and then I see him dash over to the front door. When I open the door he does it while simultaneously flopping down onto his back :crackup: So I pretty much cannot even get in the door unless I give him a belly rub first....and then for the next 2 hours it's on and off with the sounds! Especially when he's excited because he will walk me over to the closet where I keep "Da Bird" :tongue: So I guess it would make sense that he does it when he is happy or wants something..but then again when don't they want something lol.
Hahaha! Isn’t it the truth!!:p