Litters for asthmatic cats continued

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some months ago I posted that my cat had started coughing and I was switching from swheat scoop to yesterday's news as a result.
Things have gotten worse and we are currently seeing if she will take medication. The steroids are making her pee more and the house stinks. I need something different.
Was wondering about pine pellets? I have had good odor control with clumping pine in the past, and the pellets would help with the dust.
Haven't tried the grass ones yet, as it sounds like it tracks everywhere.
Other ideas? Maybe I need to build a sifting pan to get rid of the dirt more thoroughly (I still scoop out the wet spots daily, but often miss a bit). I love my litter pan though, and would hate to have to give it up.
Maybe I just need to get over it and live with the smell?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
The only litter I’ve tried that barely tracks and has no dust are the pad and sieve litter systems. I use Kao Cat and Unicharm systems, but Purina Tidy Cats Breeze systems tend to be more accessible in the states. Not all cats like the larger factor litter, though :<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried crystal litter?
No I guess I just dont know enough about it. Seems odd. I wonder if it biodegrades? When it first came out people were unsure about any dust on it given that it's made from silica, and I stopped researching from there. I think it may be the only kind of litter I haven't tried over the years.