Litter Training Problems

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mr wendall

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi lolo,

I want to make sure that I understand. Are you using Kitten Attract right now for the kitty you are presently litter training? I think that brand of litter has a whole lot to do with the success we've had thus far. I am happy to say that it appears that our trials are over with Aja. I've been observing her every move for the past four days and I noticed that she makes it a point to make her way to her litter box to relieve herself. Whether she is playing, napping or just finished eating it seems she's gotten the memo on using the litter box.

Oh, I think I should add this little note as well. The first three or four times she's used her litter box on her own, we immediately praised her and lavished her with love and kisses and kitty treats. I wonder how much this has contributed to our present circumstances. That along with cleaning her mess up with an enzyme formula and BLOCKING HER ACCESS to the areas she's relieved herself at before. That included my bedroom. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Last edited:

mr wendall

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
By the way lolo, I would love to see a picture or two of your 8 week old. Do you have any here on the site?

lolo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Mr Wendall!  Those are good tips.  We're doing the treating and enzyme blocker too.  Yes, we have the kitten attract litter, and it seems like she likes the fine texture better than the bigger stuff.  She has no problem pooping there but doesn't like to pee in it. 

I mostly keep them in a smaller area, and keep a really close eye on her when she's roaming the house.  When she starts sniffing around, I grab her and put her in the box.  It'd be impossible to block access to the spots she's used, because sometimes she'll go even just on the floor by the box.  :(  I was feeling better about things, but I've found 3 puddles in the last 2 days in the smaller confined area.  AGH.

I think I'm going to buy a couple more litter boxes (currently just have 2 for 2 kittens) and put them in the confined area.  Maybe if the WHOLE area is practically litter box, she'll get more used to it.

Thanks again, I appreciate your help!!

Here's a picture of them :)  The little one, Jezebel, is the one who's still working through her issues.  Her big brother Pomplemousse is great at the litter box.  They are SO cute together, either playing or cuddling...

mr wendall

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anytime lolo. You weren't lying. They ARE cute.