Litter Training. Diarrhea.

ilo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a mixed breed kitten. She is 4 months old now. I got her 2 months ago. And she is so resistant to using litter box. She loves pooping and peeing on the floor or besides shoes. She often uses litter box for peeing only. She keeps having diarrhea every now and then. I have switched so many diets. No diet really suits her. And the last one made her throw up. There are no real qualified vets here. I took her to a vet and he gave her the wrong medicine which nearly killed her. Now i made her a homemade diet based on boiled chicken, chapati, boiled eggs, crushed egg shells. What changes can I make to her diet and how do I get her litter trained :((

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you change it every day? She may need more than one. Location can make a big difference. Some cats do not like tops. She might not like the litter. What canned food has she eaten? There are threads for raw food. I only feed canned

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Actually, changing foods too often and too abruptly can cause diarrhea in cats, and upset tummies can cause litter box avoidance, so this may be playing into it. IF you are going to feed her homemade foods, you MUST add taurine to them. It is widely available. Not to do so can kill her. We have an entire forum on cat feeding, with threads about homemade and raw feeding, and it would be very good to browse around in there, where those who do this can advise you!