Litter That Tracks The Least

blob99

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone have any suggestions for litter that has low tracking?

My current cat tracks litter around far more than any cat i've had in the past and I'm not totally sure why. And so, I'm on the search for something that is relatively low tracking. I'd of course prefer something that has good odor control as well. The good news is that she's not picky about her litter (knock on wood).

Any suggestions?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - I'm using a combo of sodium bentonite clay litter and corncob litter. If you try this be sure it's made from the cob. Anyway, the Big Guy is very thorough as he's flinging it everywhere LOL but it doesn't actually track very much.
I have noticed that a&h is sticking to his paws lately which I've read other folks experiencing as well.

oonawingedwolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I find that Tidy cat doesn't actually track for us but Jazzy digs a bit more enthusiastically than any cat I have had before so I do have to sweep up litter near the pans every few days.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your cats will use crystal litter i have found it to track the least, other than the big pellet litter that my cats refuse to use. Fresh step makes a crystal litter that you can find everywhere, low tracking and good for odor control, but several of my cats dont like the large crystals...picky puss :) I use Dr. elseys respratory relief crystals, and i dont find it bad to track at all. i also use a grass litter that tracks a fair amount, but the cats like it so i vacuum a lot...lol
Fresh Step Crystals Cat Litter, 8-lb bag

my cats fav Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Respiratory Relief Silica Gel Cat Litter, 7.5-lb bag

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use clay litter any more, but i saw a new one at Walmart tonight. I was picking up some Litter Maid, the walnut one, i think its new, and i like it, so do my cats we have been using it about a week now. tracks right around the box, but hard to tell, because i have a digger that is always digging litter out and about :(

But the new one i saw is a clay litter from Fresh step. Clean paws, low tracking litter.
https://www.freshstep.com/our-litter/clean-paws-multi-cat-scented-litter-with-the-power-of-febreze/

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I just changed from clay litter to "yesterday news" recycled paper litter. (paper pellets). It is definitely amazing how I don't have any tracking problems at all and that my floors are clean (hard floors only so the clay went everywhere!). The problem is the scooping is difficult cause it's not scoopable, and sometimes the poo stinks really bad cause it's harder for them to cover it. ...But, sigh, I just found out my cat has asthma so I think it's my best option for the moment now, which is why I changed the litter, plus I am enjoying the clean floors. Pellets shouldn't track. I don't even sweep in front of the box anymore which is really cool.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A thought about the stinky poo itself, something I did was to add a couple nuggets of store bought frozen raw to the Big Guys' regular canned food every couple days or so. It made quite a difference in reducing the smell, and I've read other people saying the same thing. It might be worth a try for you :)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I just changed from clay litter to "yesterday news" recycled paper litter. (paper pellets). It is definitely amazing how I don't have any tracking problems at all and that my floors are clean (hard floors only so the clay went everywhere!). The problem is the scooping is difficult cause it's not scoopable, and sometimes the poo stinks really bad cause it's harder for them to cover it. ...But, sigh, I just found out my cat has asthma so I think it's my best option for the moment now, which is why I changed the litter, plus I am enjoying the clean floors. Pellets shouldn't track. I don't even sweep in front of the box anymore which is really cool.
pellets are great for tracking and low dust. i tried them a while, i liked them, unfortunately my cats did not. Hope yours continue to like them, they do work well for dust and tracking. another brand i tried, and it seemed softer, the cats covered a bit better with it, you might want to try a box someday Okocat Natural Paper Dust Free Cat Litter, 5.1-lb box i also love this with any litter, but works well with the pellets Catit Litter Scoop

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
pellets are great for tracking and low dust. i tried them a while, i liked them, unfortunately my cats did not. Hope yours continue to like them, they do work well for dust and tracking. another brand i tried, and it seemed softer, the cats covered a bit better with it, you might want to try a box someday Okocat Natural Paper Dust Free Cat Litter, 5.1-lb box i also love this with any litter, but works well with the pellets Catit Litter Scoop
Thanks! I'll check it out :)