Litter solution needed - can only scoop once a week

mewtantmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wearing masks would be good practice for her and her household members whenever it is expected that they will or may be around children or even small crowds, and it would be good practice too for them to wear masks whenever others visit.

Thank you very much for your kind wishes, CCCCC.  Next week I am to have my fourth surgery of this year.  I can tell that my kitty feels better when I feel better.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you are anywhere there are cat sitters for hire, I'm sure they would be glad to come once a week to do the litter for regular cat sitting fees, which are lower than what home health workers get paid.  I did that for a person I cat sit for while she was going through chemotherapy.  She paid me once a week (Wednesday) and then her husband would scoop on Saturday or Sunday (he hated it).  She only has one cat and only one litter box and uses plain Fresh Step non-clumping litter in a covered box.  I would fill it deeply, so that the cat had plenty of litter to bury everything in.  Her husband would only scoop the tootsie rolls, but I would dump the entire box, wash it, spray it with disinfectant, and fill it up with clean litter.  I would also sterilize the cat's watre fountain by flushing it with peroxide, so it wouldnt develop bio-slime that might hurt her since her immune system would be suppressed..  She paid me for a regular cat sitting visit each week, and it worked out fine for all of us. 

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You could check with your Vet. I know some Vet Techs do a dog walking or Pet sitting thing, on the side...