Litter Robot Open Air vs Litter Robot II?

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi guys. :)

So, as I mentioned in another thread, my LR II died.  They think it's an electrical issue.

In looking at getting a new one, I was looking at the LR III aka the Litter Robot Open Air.

Anybody know much about it, or have it?  My main concerns so far are that it's larger than the LR II (how much in practice?) and not only is the tray technically smaller (I think), but with the tray full sensor, supposedly you have to empty it more often?  Is this true?  How often do you find you have to empty it?  I have 2 cats and currently only have to empty the LR II once a week.

I like the idea of the sensor as it would mean no more smearing cat waste across the dome, which is seriously disgusting, but some people in the Amazon reviews said they had to empty it every 2 days?  That seems like it defeats the point of having a Litter Robot.

Any information on the new model would be awesome, thanks!

I'd like to make a decision as soon as possible, but an informed one. :)

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hmmm no replies just yet. I guess not too many of our members have these. The original Litter Robot has been mentioned on the boards before, if that helps, but not much on the newer unit. I'll add links to the products, in case anyone wants to review them in the future - 
[product="19009"]Litter Robot Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box  [/product][product="20411"]Litter Robot Ii Bubble Unit Automatic Self Cleaning Litterbox  [/product][product="20773"]Litter Robot Iii Open Air Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box  [/product]

Last edited: