Litter Locker alternative recommendation requested please -- with better lid system!

JohnYYZ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,
Sorry if I posted in wrong forum. I'd like to request some recommendations from fellow cat guardians to replace my horrible Litter Locker.
I've finally had enough of them, they have a weak WEAK top lid hinge system that breaks faster than <insert cruel joke here>. I'm fed up having
to replace them frequently. Has anyone else run into this poorly designed Litter Locker lid issue?

Any recommendations from guardians that have been using a better product? (Especially if easily found in Canada)

Thanks a bunch.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the Litter Genie. It doesn't look altogether remarkably different from the Litter Locker. One takes a round bag refill and the other takes a square bag refill. The design and construction look the same. For what it's worth, the top on the Litter Genie isn't much better. I find it won't stay open if there's any litter in its hinge. So when the top doesn't want to stay open, I pop the top lid off, and use my little litter broom to clean beneath the hinge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JohnYYZ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I use the Litter Genie. It doesn't look altogether remarkably different from the Litter Locker. One takes a round bag refill and the other takes a square bag refill. The design and construction look the same. For what it's worth, the top on the Litter Genie isn't much better. I find it won't stay open if there's any litter in its hinge. So when the top doesn't want to stay open, I pop the top lid off, and use my little litter broom to clean beneath the hinge.
Thanks for your input. Sounds like if I go for the Genie, I would end up with the same problem, with it breaking on me. I just cant believe Litter Locker has such a flimsy design.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your input. Sounds like if I go for the Genie, I would end up with the same problem, with it breaking on me. I just cant believe Litter Locker has such a flimsy design.
That lid is about the only issue I have with it. It has a fix. The lid pops off easily enough to clean under the hinge, and it works again until litter collects under the hinge once more. I like my Litter Genie. Beats the heck out of having to carry daily bombs to the dumpster. I call it "The World's Grossest Sausage Maker". 😹

cejhome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like the Litter Champ. I have had one for 2.5 years now, with no problem. I do scoop the pee patties and poop into small cheap biodegradable plastic bags then put them in the Litter Champ (which has its own bag inside). I empty it twice a week, with no odor issues. So far it has been sturdy with no issues. We used to have a house with an attached garage, so I just would put the bags in a container out there. The house we have now has a screened in porch breezeway that connect the house to the garage. No way I am going to go out there each time I clean the litter box!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I just use an old diaper pail with a green bin bag instead of a garbage bag.

Apperently litter locker is just a glorified diaper pail too. Maybe look at diaper pails instead of litter specific ones. Might give you more options.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just use a bathroom trashcan and shopping bags. I empty it into the outside bin as soon as I’m done cleaning the litter box. Cheap and drama free.