Litter Genie! Best Purchase Ever!

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I purchased a Litter Genie and I love it so much I want to share it with you guys! If you don't already have one I highly recommend buying one.
When I had cats years ago the only thing I hate about having a cat was the litter box cleaning, getting a bag, scooping twice a day and going to the dumpsters twice a day. Now after I got my kittens I found out about this product and it makes the whole process just so much easier, especially if you have two or more cats!
Basically it's a trash can for litter but it has multiple sealed layers, so no odor, and you only need to take the bag out once a week if you have two cats and only once every two weeks if you only have one. Makes scooping the litter and keeping up with the cleanliness of the litter boxes soooo much easier.

Attachments

helene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is absolutely true! It's been such a relief to use the Litter Genie -- after so many years without it!

Dinosnores

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just got one to help cut down on my multiple daily trips to the dumpster (I have three foster kittens) and it's AMAZING. The refills are kind of expensive, but I'm willing to pay a little more for the sheer convenience of it. I was using dog poop bags in a large ziploc bag before and taking that to the dumpster when it was full, but the smell every time I opened it knocked me backwards.

For those thinking of getting one, there's a coupon out: Litter Genie Coupons | Litter Genie Refill Coupons and they're on sale at Target right now for 25% off, so if you use the coupon you could get one for $6.25.

Notorious pets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I haven't tried that, but assume it works similar to human baby's diaper genie...
We're using "The World's Best Cat Litter" (actual name) for 3 years and has been great. We have 2 cats and 2 litter boxes, in a small townhouse and have no smell according to non-cat owner visitors. It clumps quickly, and you scoop and dispose in the toilet, so no need for the garbage bin at all. Although the litter isn't cheap, if you take into account the cost of those refill bags or equipment, it may be comparable - plus the minimal work is awesome :)

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought about trying the litter genie, but there were too many iffy reviews and I didn't want to pay for the refills on the bag. Instead, I ended up getting a small metal trashcan with a tight-fitting lid and bought a bunch of grocery store bags in bulk online, which was a lot cheaper. Works just as well - I empty the trashcan once a week with two cats' worth of waste, and I don't smell a thing during the rest of the week.