Litter for ckd cat

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Litter struggles have brought me back to the forum. My cat has ckd and hyperT so she pees a lot. She also always pees in the same spot throughout the day. I used to use pine pellets but sifting it every day with my wrist problems became too much. When I switched to Pretty Litter I loved it at first but it was tracking horribly despite having a top entry litterbox and my cat urinates too much for it. I was lucky if an 8 pound bag would last 3 weeks! It would turn in to a slushy mess and the odor control would be non existent. This isn't acceptable since her box is in my bedroom. Right now I'm using So Phresh crystal litter and I don't love it. It's super dusty and I'm starting to wonder if it's the cause of my eyes becoming more irritated. I have to change it weekly which isn't the end of the world because it's cheaper than Pretty Litter. On the bright side, the tracking is minimal.

I absolutely do not want to go back to clay litter but I'm not sure what to try next. A place I used to work used Worlds Best in some boxes and it wasn't awful but the tracking left a lot to be desired. I also worry that the garbage disposal I call a dog might try to eat it. His reach is limited with the top entry box but he could still get some if he really wanted to. I was thinking of trying Naturally Fresh clumping or Okocat Super soft.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing that will help with the odor is not having a cover or a top entry so the pee gets stuck on the sides. Besides, having an adult cat its time to watch and observe when they use the litter box especially with medical issues. I use a&h slide. It does slide and minimal tracking though you don't like clay. No odor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not having a top entry isn't an option with my dog. Its not possible to have a dog proof room for an open litterbox and my cat doesn't wait to use the box until I'm home so I can keep the dog from eating her poop.

kazick

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, you can check out the 3 cat litters below that might best suit your for you and your cat. For the tracking issue, you can try placing a anti tracking litter mat to minimize the tracking. Hope this helps :)

1. World's Best Multi-Cat Unscented Clumping Corn Cat Litter
  • All-natural multi-cat litter with long-lasting odor control.
  • A quick clumping formula that’s easy to scoop with no scraping necessary!
  • Flushable and safe for most septic and sewer systems for easy litter box maintenance.
  • Completely lightweight and 99% dust free, which means less mess and cleaner air.
  • Made from whole kernel corn and 100% free from harmful chemicals and artificial perfumes, so it’s safe for pets, people and the planet.
2. Naturally Fresh Multi-Cat Unscented Clumping Walnut Cat Litter
  • Natural cat litter that helps protect your home from the smell of your kitty’s litter box.
  • Eliminates both urine and fecal odors with a malodor counteractant.
  • Made from 100% natural walnut shells to neutralize odors better than clay, pine, corn and wheat.
  • Dust-free formula reduces tracking and helps those paw-tners or pet parents with respiratory problems.
  • Contains no chemicals, toxins, clay, corn and grains for the safety of your companion.

3. Frisco Summer Clean Scented Non-Clumping Crystal Cat Litter
  • Advanced odor-locking crystals absorb liquids and lock in odors on contact, for odor control that’s 5X better than leading non-clumping litter.
  • One bag lasts up to a month when used with one cat, for potential savings on litter over time.
  • Around-the-clock odor protection is also ideal for multi-cat households, and is low dust so you and your cat can breathe easier.
  • Low dust to help minimize messes when cleaning or refilling, and low tracking to help prevent litter tracks around the house.
  • Gentle on paws and easy to maintain—just scoop out solid waste and stir the crystals regularly and after every use. Light summer clean scent adds a boost of freshness.