Litter box suggestions

kittyfostermom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have three 4week old orphaned kittens my concern is that they don't cover their feces after going. They do dig a little but not to cover. Is there a way to teach them, is it because they are too young or will they most likely never cover it as there is no mom to teach them? Thanks!

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to say some cats just don't cover their feces, whether or not they had a mom to show them.  It is just not something that all cats do. In your case,  it is not because they are too young (I've had fosters that age cover).

I myself don't know of any way to teach them to cover- this is not something I have ever really worried about, because not all cats do it and because for me, if they are going in the box, I am happy. However, maybe someone who has taught a kitten to do this will come by with some advice.

Thanks so much for helping these kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyfostermom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your right, as long as they're going in the litter box that's the main thing, lol! I've had nursing moms, so they do teach their little ones. It's so sad that these orphans don't have their mom, it breaks my heart they should still be nursing :( My last nursing mom nursed for 13 weeks I was so happy she was such a wonderful mom.

On another note do you have any suggestions for a window sill bed for the cats that you can recommend? Thanks for answering :) I've been fostering for a few years now, I always learn something new, since I see so many cats, with all kinds of problems. It's my passion