Litter box recomendations

Twinkster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we are still having litterbox issues. I think it is fear based possibly. I have moved the boxes all over, tried every litter. She will only poop if I stay with her at the box, which is fine but if im not home she goes where ever she wants (just poop)
I was thinking about trying a few different style boxes , what's everyone's thoughts in the Purina Breeze system? Also I was thinking of trying a top entry box.
I think the automatic litter boxes would scare her, my last resort if these don't work is putting in a large crate with a litter box...
I wish I had someplace to put the box only she could get to, her sister always hovers over her to jump in and cover her waste and I think it scares her

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
wish I had someplace to put the box only she could get to, her sister always hovers over her to jump in and cover her waste and I think it scares her
Due to this, and that she doesn't have any problems when you're there to keep her sister away I think that this isn't fear based as much as wariness of being ambushed by the other cat. You'll be wasting money trying different types of boxes.

I think something like this might work with a cat door that's activated by her ID microchip, after you've helped her a few times so that she realizes that her sister can't get to her :).
It might be better in her case to use an outer box that isn't see-through, otherwise she'll feel like her sister is still "right there" about to cause problems.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twinkster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Due to this, and that she doesn't have any problems when you're there to keep her sister away I think that this isn't fear based as much as wariness of being ambushed by the other cat. You'll be wasting money trying different types of boxes.

I think something like this might work with a cat door that's activated by her ID microchip, after you've helped her a few times so that she realizes that her sister can't get to her :).
It might be better in her case to use an outer box that isn't see-through, otherwise she'll feel like her sister is still "right there" about to cause problems.
I like this idea