Litter Box Problems When Everything Is Right

kittenjoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
I'm having a real dilemma! I know litter box problems are so common, and come up all the time, but I just can't solve this.

I have a 1 year old female cat that occasionally goes outside her litter box. The peeing I can handle. But she poops outside the box every now and then, and it's doing real damage.

From what I can tell, everything is "right". She has clean boxes. Litter and diet have never changed. We do have a second cat, but they have been together since they were 3 months and there doesn't appear to be stress or tension. She's not sick. She's not harassed or harmed by anyone in the house.

I have to be missing something!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it possible for you to bring a stool sample in for the vet to exam? Next time she does that can you examine her poop? Since you are saying everything else is fine; perhaps you should eliminate health issues? I have heard of Pica cats doing what your cat is doing when they are passing foreign objects in their stools because it hurts to go to the bathroom.

Oscar&Copper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you pinpoint when she does it? Is it a certain time of day? Is it always the same location? Is it just one litterbox she's possibly avoiding at some point?

I'm just wondering if there is something keeping her away from a litterbox at a specific time. A noise or something?